Tuesday 20 September 2011

Carpet Protector Protection Runner Vinyl... - carpet runner, runner rug


Talked to the company in length for description. I was sure this was going to be the runner I needed over my carpeted stairs. I have small inside dogs and wanted something that would clean eaisly, but being in my entrance way, it would also have to look nice. This is a cheap piece of very, very, very, thin foam. The only thing I could use this for is a backing under an area rug. It is just too ugly to describe and it does not lay completely flat on stairs. There is always a place not sticking or wrinkled. Pretty expensive for just a days use for movers too. I suggest you run, not walk, away from this one. $50 down the drain. Carpet Saver-Floor Protector-Beige-15' x 30" (Beige) (15'L x 30"W)

I've owned CarpetSaver for 2.5 years and my experience has been different than the reviewer who gave it 5 stars.



CarpetSaver can prevent DIRT from getting onto the underlying Carpet as long as you are careful to vacuum it and wash it frequently enough. I've been vacuuming CarpetSaver once a week and washing it once every couple of months. (I live here alone and remove my shoes when entering the house.)



Here's the problem: I've found that CarpetSaver has NOT prevented the underlying carpet from GETTING WORN. After all, the carpet is still under pressure from stepping on it, with or without CarpetSaver. As a matter of fact, I actually suspect CarpetSaver's continual presence on the carpet has accellerated the flattening out and tangling of underlying carpet fibers. Yes, I do realize that CarpetSaver is very light, but its presence does seem to have accellerated the flattening out of the underlying carpet. I initially bought CarpetSaver, and installed it on the stairs, because I was mainly looking to protect the carpet on the noses of the steps, but it seems to have accellerated the wear of the carpet on the flat parts of steps.



To those reporting better results: could this be due to your removing CarpetSaver more frequently and vacuuming the underlying carpet more frequently? Maybe vacuuming the underlying carpet more frequently would prevent CarpetSaver from causing the underlying carpet fibers to flatten out? (But I'd hate to have to remove CarpetSaver once a week to vacuum the underlying carpet in addition to vacuuming CarpetSaver itself once a week)



Perhaps those with better results have a different carpet type than mine. Are you SURE you haven't experienced any accellerated flattening out and tangling of the underlying carpet as the result of using CarpetSaver?



UPDATE: I feel I should also point out that you MUST regularly vacuum CarpetSaver and you MUST wash it at the first sign of any ground in dirt. Don't be lulled into thinking that dirt can't potentially pass through CarpetSaver and get through to the underlying carpet, because dirt CAN potentially pass through CarpetSaver. Granted this is unlikely to happen if you vacuum it at least once a week and wash it at the first sign of any visible ground in dirt.

This is my third winter with the carpet saver which I purchased for my stairway. I design wedding bouquets and visit with brides in my basement during the winter months and was concerned about the wet shoes on my "frezia" carpeted stairs. The first couple of years drove me nuts with trying to keep the carpet saver in place on the steps. It would bunch up and get wrinkles and look horrid. I finally resorted to taping it in place (with packing tape) on each end of every step. That still did not work very well, as it would still get unslightly wrinkling. Finally, this year I got smart and cut it apart making just a flat surface to cover each and every step, without wrapping it all the way down the front of the steps. I still have to tape each one in place on each end and across the front where I just wrap it around the bull nose of the step, but I note that I never see carpet fibers adhering to the tape so I feel confident that the tape does not harm my carpet. Now, I only occasionally have to "pull them in place" by loosening one of the taped ends from the carpet and stretching the width of the step again and pressing the tape back in place. Each Spring I remove the tape from the carpet saver and toss it (in this case "them") into the wash. My opinion is, if you can manage to keep it in place on the steps it does a nice job of saving the carpet from soiling. I admit that it doesn't look very pretty, but then again not really that bad if you can keep the wrinkling out. To me the hassle has been worth it because when I remove it and the end of the messy weather my carpet looks fresh and clean! I gave it just 3 stars because of the pain in the butt it is to keep it in place. I even called the maker that first year of use and suggested that they come up with some sort of pen or clip that would attach it to the carpet, so far, I have found no such thing. In any event, I will continue to use these strips on my steps because I don't know of anything better without having to spend alot of money!

The product was not in its original condition. While the ad clearly stated the size, the picture misrepresented it, in that it was the manufacturers picture showing it in full size. It was also listed as "new," which it wasn't since it had been cut in half. Would not buy from the seller again.

I have been using the same carpet saver for 5 years. I bought this product primary to prevent stains/dirt on my carpeted stairs, as my stairs were taking a beating between a family of four and two dogs, a german shepherd and pomeranian. My carpet would look so dirty, if it wasn't for the carpet saver. You can definitely see the trapped dirt on the carpet saver when it is removed to be washed. The only down side....the carpet that is not covered by the carpet saver is dirty and dingy. I bought the 30" carpet saver in beige color. It holds up well and rarely moves around, unless of course the kids are "sliding and playing" directly on the stairs. I wash it in cold water and spin it to remove excess water. I don't place it in the dryer: I place it directly on my carpeted stairs and it dries quickly. It am considering buying a new batch of the carpet saver. As I mentioned, I have been using the exact carpet saver for 5 years and the nap is starting to wear thin in some areas. I would prefer to have wood on my stairs, but at this time, it is not financially feasible. - Carpet Protector - Runner Rug - Carpet Protection - Seller Unrel - Carpet Runner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information