Sunday 11 September 2011

Construction Staplers - stapler, construction staplers


I bought this stapler because my long-suffering wife refused to act like a clamp anymore, so I had to hold up sheets of sheathing or paneling with an elbow and a knee while trying to drive nails. It got old really fast! This PC stapler is a marriage saver! The owner's manual is well written, and I was using the stapler five minutes out of the box. I easily quadrupled my output, and was able to sheath and side my shop (16x16') solo in a single day. Haven't had a jam yet, though they look fairly simple to clear. Definitely worth the money! Porter-Cable MS200 1-Inch to 2-Inch 16-Gauge 7/16-Inch Medium Crown Stapler

In the first few months of MS200 stapler ownership, it was used to drive 17,000 2" staples. Not a single jam. (So, I can't comment on jam fixes, but it is easy to remove the nosepiece, without tools.) This nailer has a slight "recoil". If it isn't pushed into the work AND the wood is fairly hard, the staple won't go in all the way. This is because part of the drive force is spent pushing the tool away from the staple. The same thing would probably happen with any large stapler. For the most part, the staple head is about flush with the surface, and of course, power is adjustable via the regulator.



Overall, the productivity gained by using this powerhouse is incredible. My speed was about 1 staple per second, but I took my time. Although one hand control is workable, I used both hands most of the time, in order to ensure the staple was fully driven home.



I also bought the 7/16" x 2" staples from Amazon, and they stay in. In fact, be sure you're driving staples where you won't change your mind. In the cases where a staple had to be removed, I couldn't pull them out. Wound up cutting the tops off. Almost like driving a double nail with each trigger pull. That's holding power.



The carrying case is one of those molded types, with two plastic clasps. Seems fine. Fits the tool perfectly, and provides great protection - with a small bit of staple & oil storage.

I bought this Porter Cable Stapler for vinyl siding installation,I read all the reviews I have found and found them to be very informative,so thanks to all of you.My opinion of this inexpensive air tool made by one the best tool manufacturers ever is awesome and precise,light and time saving.I should of bought one of these 15 years ago but just never thought it would work.Also I feel it is very important to get the noise piece for vinyl siding part number 60040 I believe....Good Luck

I needed to install a sub-floor. I went as fast as could and the stapler did a great job with no jams. It is easy to run out of staples and not know it. It needs something besides just looking thru a little hole at the staples. Uses little air, my pancake compressor kept up. I did have a hard time setting the depth of the staples. The depth varies a LOT with out touching the dial and I had to go back and pound down about 15% of the staples.

Excellent product, lightweight yet sturdy enough for the most demanding projects. Have used this product on fence and deck projects without any problems. Easy to load and operate, if a jam happens, very easy to clear and return to work. Uses a variety of staple lengths.

Unit comes with storage case. Easy to load and shoots common staple sizes. We use 2 of these guns on a regular basis and have had no problems other then the occisioanl vapor lock which is easily fixed by removing air line momentarily. If you want a decent gun for an affordable price the Porter Cable is a good one.

I purchased the PC stapler and siding attachment from Amazon. I'm very pleased with both purchases. So far I've used the stapler for OSB sheathing, 3/4" Ply shelving, and vinyl siding. I've had one jam which I was able to easily clear and normally use single shot mode. I purchased coated staples and the material tears apart before the staples move. As another rater stated, the siding attachment does take a little training to use properly but does work well.

Could not be happier with this stapler. It's easy on air, have only used appox. 4000 staples, but never had 1 jam. Even when the staple hit screwheads inside the wood it just mashed the staple on out and did not jam. The toolless depth adj. and air ex. direction is great and never had to try the toolless unjamming deal. The ease ( and toolless also) change from single trigger pull to bump staple'n is great. Very solid well build tool. And cheapest stapler that will handle 2 inch staples. With everything figured in I dont see how you can get a better 1 to 2 inch stapler or one that is cheaper. - Stapler - Construction Staplers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information