Saturday 10 September 2011

Dell Inspiron Adapter - laptop charger, dell inspiron adapter


I was very skeptical about buying this AC adapter. I had changed batteries in my computer and I was still receiving a message that my AC adapter was not recognized and my battery was not charging. My old adapter was still powering my computer but nothing else. Dell's website has the worst reviews for the AC adapters so I thought this would be a better/cheaper route. The product is working perfectly. I plugged it in and it worked right away. My screen did not display the "AC Adapter is not recognized" upon powering up and the battery is charging. I am very pleased with this product. OEM Dell Ac Adapter Laptop Charger for Dell INSPIRON ,Dell XPS ,Dell Studio, Dell Latitude ,Dell Vostro, P/N PA-10 PA10 90w 90 watt Genuine/Original/OEM Portable Charger for Laptop Notebook Computer Battery Charger Power Supply Cord Plug

This is a REAL Dell charger. A bit bigger than the one that came with my Latitude D630, and uses a 3-prong plug instead of 2 prong, but works perfectly. There are a LOT of junky AC adaptors on the market which power the laptops, but do NOT charge the batteries. This is a REAL charger/adaptor. High quality. Works perfectly. Fair price...so I leave this ALWAYS at my desk at home ready to plug in whenever I use my laptop there, and keep the other (original one) ALWAYS in my laptop bag so I've got it if I'm travelling and need it!

I have been very pleased with this power supply. It has been operating every day for the past month since I bought it and it has been working fine. It is interesting to note that this power supply is a full 90W supply. Please don't be fooled into buying the cheaper 60W versions from other vendors. These cheaper 60W supplies burn themselves out after about a month, especially if you are using USB devices that need to draw power from the laptop via the USB port. I know this from personal experience. This supply is an OEM replacement my original laptop power supply, not just a cheaper knockoff.

My old adapter was still powering my computer but nothing else. This power supply is a 90W supply and the system BIOS on my DELL E1705 recognizes it & it charges correctly. Please don't be fooled into buying the cheaper versions from other vendors. I have had an experience with cheaper power supplies that burn themselves out after a year, to the day!. This is especially true if you are using USB devices that need to draw power from the laptop via the USB port. I know this from personal experience.

This supply is an real OEM replacement for my original laptop power supply, not just a cheaper knockoff.



The product is working perfectly. I plugged it in and it worked right away. My screen no longer displays the "AC Adapter is not recognized" upon powering up and the battery is charging.



I am very pleased with this product.

When charger arrived I plugged it into the back of my Dell E1505 and it did feel a little loose so doesn't appear to be the exact model you get from Dell. After a while I noticed this buzzing sound coming from the charger part (the large rectangular portion of the charger where the wires connect) when it was connected to the outlet and into my running laptop. Not sure if it was a fire hazard but I returned it just in case. Sorry, can't recommend.

For two days this product worked OK, then it started sparking and fizzing and did not work when plugged into my laptop. A guy at Best Buy looked at it and as soon as he plugged it in he said "oh crap, that shouldn't be plugged in at all!" because it was dangerous. I bought this product because of the scary reviews of the non-DELL chargers, but it just goes to show you that anything can be a poor quality piece of crap.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505. On this computer the charger allows the computer to run when plugged in, but does not charge the battery. I have to stay plugged in at all times to use my computer with this product as my charger.

I bought this adapter because the product page said it's compatible with my Dell Inspiron 6000. Before I plugged it in, I noticed that the output amperage is different than my original adapter. I checked elsewhere on the Internet, including the Dell site, and I could find no other reference to this adapter being compatible with my laptop. Other websites list the 6400 as a compatible model, but not the 6000. The wrong amperage might not appear to be a problem immediately, but it can cause severe damage to a system. The seller should fix their listing and be more careful about listing compatibility accurately. I do not regard this seller as trustworthy.

I bought this as a replacement and spent the extra money to get the dell product. Unfortunately this only powers the computer if it is plugged in and will not charge the battery. By the time I replaced the battery and figured out it was the chord, I could not return it!! Bad warranty, bad product. You might as well go with the knock off products and take your chances, at least they are cheaper to replace! - Laptop Power Adapters - Dell Inspiron Adapter - Laptop Charger - Dell Inspiron'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information