Thursday 8 September 2011

Dvd Players - in-dash, boss


This is my first experience with a Boss product, and I have to say that it will be the last. While it has plenty of bells and whistles, it's not what it's cracked up to be. For something that seems so nifty and extravagant, it's programming screens and everything are very generic and lackluster, like programming a Tandy TRS80 from way back in the day...The biggest pro is that there are tons of ways to play media. USB, MP3 input jack, SD card slot, cd/dvd slot (which will play MP3's, MP4's, DVD's, etc.), are all included and snazzy ideas. But the controls are clumsy and unpredictable. And as for the USB port, I was psyched. But unless you put a 256 MB drive in it, you're in for quite a wait, while it apparently has to load and read every file before starting. I have a 4 GB jumpdrive in it, which takes about 5 minutes to load. But what absolutely takes the cake is it's tendency to change sources randomly, seemingly on it's own insane schedule. In a 45 - minute trip to work, I've actually had to change the source back to radio, or cd, or jumpdrive, or whatever more than 25 times. Then, it'll work fine for an hour or two. It's really aggravating... Boss BV7300 3.2-Inch In-Dash Widescreen TFT Monitor/DVD/MP3/CD Receiver

Overall, the unit is good. Few drawbacks as mentioned below:

1. The buttons are small.

2. DVDs won't be played in cold weather, CDs are fine.

3. There are no dimmer/illumination wires. If the manufacture stereo has these wires, you must tape them carefully when connecting to prevent short circuit.

I am not a hater of this company. This dvd player got way too hot to be installed in my trailer or rv. It was sooo hot that I spit on my finger and touched the side and it sizzled. NO KIDDING. some of the wires were not shiny and were oxidized. very cheap product. Please don't waste your time and buy one. If you cannot afford a dvd player...just save your money until you can. this thing would start a fire and kill someone someday.

When I first got the radio it sat for a few weeks finally had it installed and hated it.The radio would switch from sd to cd to radio on its on. Mid song sd would cut off or worse skip. I hated this radio I was in the process of returning it when the shop who installed it recommend i change the connectors. Long story short they first installed my cd player using electrical tape to connect the wires so they went back and used Dorman connectors part # 85491 runs between 2.50 and 3.50 i believe amazon sells them but any autozone or oreilly's carry them. Since then I can finally blast my music with out the radio turning it self off. I still would not recommend this to anyone because all the issues it caused me and on top of that i can not have a cd in the cd player while listening to my sd card.

I just bought this deck.... and i have never been more dissapointed in the quality of a product. the deck keeps turning off at random times while driving, i double checked all wiring that they were good connections, still problem persisted. the screen image in the add is very deceptive also.. the playing screen looks like an old old computer moniter with 2 blue bars. when it does work, there is a loud humming noise that comes through the speakers, and it takes forever to load and play cd's. and to try and adjust the equalizer settings takes too long, the directional selector is way too touchy and i keep changing through songs trying to adjust volume.. all in all bad deck, especially for the msrp. i got it for $60, and even then not worth it!

Cd Player Does Not Work And Usb Does Not Work... Have to Hold The Reset Button Everytime you start the Car . so you can only listen to the fussey Radio . Dont WASTE YOUR TIME AND BUY THIS . Spent all day hooking it up and talking with the boss tech support and then i had to take it out and send it back.

Got this for a 2005 Jeep Liberty. All I really needed was a stereo with an AUX jack for my ipod but I found this on Amazon for a great price and I couldn't pass it up. I didn't expect it to look half as good as it does in the picture, to my surprise it looks even better!! The buttons are small, but the remote is easy to use and works great. I like that it has a USB port and a slot for an SD memory card in addition to the aux jack.



I have NO experience so I took it to a local shop and they installed it for me. It only took them 30 minutes, so I'm sure if you have a little knowledge about how these works you could do it in a few hours.

I just bought a car with one of these in it... WOW. It is in one single piece of equipment an entire argument in favor of minimalist electronic design. I have NO IDEA how to get it to do what I want, it is the least intuitive design of pretty much anything I've ever seen. Mine looks like it has been punched on more than one occasion, and it better get used to that treatment because until I can afford a new stereo I'm stuck with either eerie silence or this thing going KKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHH when not even doing anything. And a remote? seriously? SO useful when driving at night, especially if you enjoy the sensation of wrapping your car around a tree.

Lord give me a 1985 cassette player. - Car Stereo - Dvd Players - In-dash - Boss'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information