Monday 19 September 2011

Encore Software - cd-rom, early learning


As other reviewers have stated, it's an excellent interactive learning experience for your child. I give it 4 or 5 stars on that alone. But I was dismayed to find that the setup process stuck an AOL promotion on my desktop (my other Reader Rabbit programs also did it). And of course, the unwelcome desktop icon was just a shortcut; I had to search in the Programs folder for the AOL executable file in order to delete it. A major annoyance!



This sort of thing is not terribly unusual with free applications that you download from the Internet, but when I pay money for a program, I don't expect it to come with adware junk.



Another problem is that once you've started one of the programs running, there's no way to back out of it or shut it down before it quits. There's no right-click menu with a Cancel button or anything like that. Very inconvenient if you're simply giving a program a quick test. I had to use the Windows CTRL-ALT-DEL trick to shut it down in midstream.



Bottom line: great for the kid, a pain in the behind for dad. Reader Rabbit Preschool (Jewel Case)

I bought this for my son who is 4. He loves it and plays it often. Now he is five and he still plays it and was able to complete the game in one afternoon. I guess it is time to buy RR Kindergarten for him.

My three year old grandson loves this Reader Rabbit CD! The first time he played it he didn't want to stop using it. He had a great time. The characters are delightful, bubby and the games are fun. I'd recommend it to anyone!

I bought this Cd for my 2 1/2 year old grandson and was pleased to find that he enjoys it and learns from it even at his young age. It stretches his thinking and it's giving him some basic skills he'll be needing - laa the while he's having great fun with it! Great learning tool!

I bought this for our kids to play with on their netbook, but this software won't run without the CD, which the netbook does not have. It seems the software industry is still bending over backwards to provide products that are inferior, and in my case useless, to legitimate customers. - Encore Software - Cd-rom - Education - Early Learning'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information