Friday 16 September 2011

Face Treatment


I got this to help minimize pores and have tried other products and masks claiming to do just that. This is fun because you can mix it up by adding water, tomato juice, or other stuff rather than just water but I've had a hard time figuring out how to mix enough (or not too much) and it doesn't seem like this jar will last as long as I would like it to. I've used it a few times and like it, however I don't think it's helped minimize my pores at all, not even right after removing it. If anything changes I'll let you know ;) Burts Bees Pore-Refining Mask, 1-Ounce Jars (Pack of 2)

I love all things Burt's, and this is no exception! Life in college means erratic face washing, which means gross pores and breakouts. This is a really refreshing do-it-yourself face mask. It is a sea-foam-colored powder and you just add water. The directions also suggest using carrot juice, tomato juice, green tea, or grapefruit juice (I've also heard people say they mix the powder with their favorite mushy fruit like avocados, etc). The directions suggest one tablespoon of powder and an unspecified amount of water. I found this was actually too much powder, but a personal preference I suppose. It is also easy to add too much water (The only suggestion I have is trial and error). You just smear it on, enjoy the refreshing scent while you wait, rinse it off and you have clean, tingly skin. I definitely noticed smaller pores afterward, though be realistic in what to expect. I was worried this was going to completely dry out my often sensitive skin, but nothing a tiny bit of moisturizer didn't fix. I wholeheartedly recommend this product. I was doubtful about buying two at a time but it's a great price for two and I know I'll be using this often.

I use this mask under my makeup....very lightly....I apply with water and let it dry.....I then have a smooth complexion....I apply a light coat of mineral makeup with blush......For my age...57....I look pretty good....I would recommend....'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information