Sunday 11 September 2011

Graphic Design - design, graphics


This is the book I wish I had starting out in graphic design. I am an in-house designer, with no team of peers, self-trained and responsible for everything from print to web. This book covers all of it, and in a very easy to read, no muss no fuss layout, where each spread of the book is on a different subject. Extremely easy to use. It either verified the things that I was doing right, or made me exclaim "Oh THAT's how you do that . . . " Really good to learn "best practices," things I had to learn the hard way. If you work in a very collaborative design group and have had a lot of formal design training recently, you may not need this. For everyone else, it's a godsend. The Designer's Desktop Manual

Thanks to the author!!! amazing, amazing, amazing! This book has helped me finally grasp the principles of Adobe Indesign. I have been slowly teaching myself the program and have more than a few instructional books. Concepts that I have previously thought diffictult to understand are now clear! This book is so clear and concise that it makes learning a breeze. It covers information about photoshop, illustrator, web design, Quark, and dreamweaver. It is very well written and the directions for applications are easily understood. I love this book! I give it a 10! If I would have had this book to begin with, I would have learned how to manipulate the program a long time ago...

Really great book for someone who has limited formal training, but a decent amount of hands-on experience. Explains the details and concepts that are easy to overlook until you are forced to meet them while working in the professional world. Great lay-out, pictures, structure of topics. I am thoroughly enjoying each time I sit down with this book and am learning a lot. Great investment.

I have read this book from beginning to end without a mere pause. It is a fantastic reference for beginning web design (I cant comment on its value to those more experienced because I am not).



It is an easy read and is full of virtually all the topics I am interested as I venture forth in creating my first professional web site.



Highly recommended.

...because i had to stop immediately & write this review!!



i love this book, it's just what i needed - it is a wealth of information!

a great reference book for any graphic designer to have on their shelf.

I'm fairly new to many of the topics discussed in the book, including color, photoshop tips, etc. It was quite helpful. It is also helpful for designers going between windows and os x- it gives basic differences and how to deal with that.

My wife picked this up for me. It's a great reference to keep at your desk. The gamut of information is pretty comprehensive. Its cool to be able to reach for one text rather than sift through several separate resources. It's also great for design students, a must have, there are tons of golden nuggets to learn from.

This book is packed with information for graphic designers, desktop publishers and even small businesses. It's not a book you would sit down and read cover to cover, rather one that you flip to for specific information (paper size, specific printing information, etc.). - Graphics - Internet Presence - Grid - Design'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information