Tuesday 20 September 2011

Hewlett Packard - hp, extended battery


I was reluctant at first to buy this battery because other reviewers thought it was too heavy, and it lifted the computer up too high in the back. I have found after using this product for a week that it has worked extremely well. The battery lasts at least four hours using this to surf the web or watch movies. I normally carry my computer in a pack with the original battery and the 12 cell, and I don't think it is too heavy. The battery sticks out under the bottom lifting the computer up. The tilt of the keyboard gives me more air space under the computer, and I like it for typing. I charge it up and run it out. The computer's battery charge indicator works just fine, and I have had no problems with it shutting off early. 12 Cells 8800mAh/95Wh High Capacity Battery HSTNN-IB72 KS526AA for HP Pavilion DV4 DV4T DV5 DV5T DV5Z DV6 G50 G60 G70 Compaq Presario CQ40 CQ45 CQ50

Bought this product more than a month ago despite the reviews about the loose fit and bad charge. Initially, I loved the long battery life and didn't mind the extra weight and bulge. Later, I realized that the battery didn't 'click' when I placed it in, and it would easily pop out. So, I went online hunting to solve my issue and found a great youtube video explaining how to make it 'click' and lock. (I have an HP G60) The problem is, to make the battery lock in, A LOT of pressure needs to be put on the battery itself and the sliding tab-thingy that pops the battery in and out needs to be pushed HARD to the lock side. Press down on the battery where the hinges are, push the slide tab with force, and CLICK! Battery locked in, no loose battery, and long life! I love it and the price is way better than paying more than $100.

i like this battery, i have an hp dv5 and my previous battery (that Bestbuy's warranty center said was running at its regular charge/discharge times) would die after an hour of streaming movies online (in balanced power mode) this battery under the same setting (first time charge) lasted about 3 hours, I'm currently running off its second charge and it seems to be running longer than that as the battery is calibrated. HP's battery check came back all clear no bad cells or any other problems. ALSO i failed to see this in the features area but this battery DOES have the charge status indicator (that looks similar to Xbox 360'c circle of lights but white lights, not green) and external charging port.

so far I'd say this was a great buy. oh and for the size, it makes my model laptop stand up about and inch in the back so its angled but i have no problem with that. and some review(s) stated that upon jiggling this battery their computer would loose power/restart, I have tried to make this problem reoccur on my laptop (again, dv5t model) and failed to do so, even went as far as to pick it up and shake it a little, all good there (not too hard though, its a laptop not a dog toy.)

So I went against my better judgment, thinking "There are more 5 star ratings than 1 star ratings, so it must be OK overall", and purchased this battery. A few things: 1) The shipping time was not good. It took them 5 days to process & ship my order for 1 battery. 2) When I got the battery, which arrived in fine condition and properly packaged, I attempted to pop it into my laptop. Instead of clicking right in, I had to jostle the eject button back & forth while simultaneously doing the same with the battery. I shouldn't have to jerry-rig my new battery just to get it to fit. 3) I charged the battery from 2pm on Saturday until 9am on Sunday (that's 19 hours for those keeping score) and, during that time, it had periods where it would say "Plugged in, not charging" and I'd have to restart the computer. It would start charging again, then fall back to "not charging." So, after 19 hours of expected charging, the battery was still only at 91%. That may sound like a high percentage, but the packaging that came with the battery indicated it would be fully charged in no more than 10 hours, so to not be at 100% after almost double the recommended time is unacceptable.



So I figure "This is as good as it's going to get" and unplug my AC adaptor to use the laptop in our bedroom. BAM! The laptop dies like there is no battery plugged in to it, even though the laptop clearly recognizes there is, based on the indicator in the system tray. If you read the other 1 star reviews (which I promise you would be 0 stars if Amazon allowed it), you'll see this is a VERY common problem with this battery.



DO NOT DISCOUNT THOSE REVIEWS OR THIS ONE. IF YOU BUY THIS BATTERY, YOU WILL REGRET IT. I hate to say that, as I like to believe most companies try to produce a quality product, but there is no quality to be found in this cruel joke. Bite the bullet, spend the extra few bucks and get a replacement directly from HP. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to start the return process on this piece of junk...

This battery took forever to charge the first time. Then it jumped from about 60% to 100% when I wasn't looking. I checked the battery health. Linux says the battery is 100%, HP says that one or more cells are bad. The next charge it got to 80% and then stopped charging. I finally just started using my old stock battery again, because this one weighs more than I do and doesn't really last all that much longer.

This battery fit my DV4 just great! It is a 12-cell battery, so it extends past the laptop bottom, creating an incline. I actually like the incline although most people on these reviews didn't. I read a lot of the reviews first and most of them said negative things about the fit or the incline. The incline makes it easier to type and creates ventilation under the laptop. I don't know about the other customers, but it fits perfectly with my DV4.



My original battery needed to be replaced because it was misused by my various family members. It ran out of power unplugged in 5 minutes! I definitely love that this battery lasts more than 4 hours on a full battery.





All in all, I absolutely recommend this product. - Hewlett Packard - 12 Cell - Hp - Extended Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information