Sunday 25 September 2011

Highly Recommended - earbud, ear buds


I got these for my boyfriend a while back. Everyone has their thing, and his happens to be Skullcandy headphones. Before these, he had a pair of Titans but he really wanted a pair of FMJs because he'd been hearing good things. When he tried them out he was really happy with them. They're really nice quality, the sound is great, and he was ecstatic to hear they had inline mic because he likes it a lot better than using a bluetooth earpiece.



(word of warning about inline mic: you look like a crazy fool talking with ear buds instead of an earpiece. It REALLY looks like you're talking to yourself.) Skullcandy FMJ In Ear Bud with In-Line Mic S2FMCY-003 (Black)

I ordered these headphones w/mic and they work awesome! The only downside is that they have issues with the iPod touch! Mic doesn't work and volume jumps up and down! But this product does work perfectly with the black berry curve or regular iPod! They sound great! And feel really well made! Thanks for the product!

These are great headphones. All metal construction! No plastic here. I broke my original iphone headphones by leaving them on the floor and stepping on them. I was very excited to get these from reading the reviews, but since getting them I've realized an annoying but pestering problem. Maybe it's because they are large 11mm drivers, but the driver/speaker cones inside are VERY sensitive to pressure - specifically ear suction and habitually become inversed causing degraded volume and muffled quality.



I noticed within the first day that the left ear (with the mic and buttons) was significantly lower volume than the right and the bass was severely lacking as well. I originally though it had something to do with the mic and buttons being on the left - maybe the extra circuitry decreased the signal? But the difference was like night and day and it bothered me to no end. After all, these are supposed to be like $70 headphones!



After searching forums, it turns out the problem was air/ear pressure. The rubbery noise-isolating pads that help create a nice seal inside your ear canal to block out noises also had a strange side effect - it created a suction vacuum whenever you pull the headphones out of your ear. Basically every time you pulled the headphones out, the suction would invert the driver cones. Once inverted, the cones had a significant loss of fidelity as they just don't vibrate and produce sound like they were designed to. The result was a significant loss of volume and bass performance. The earbuds end up sounding muffled and dead. The only way to fix this was to physically blow into the buds to push the cones back into their original shape. You can actually hear cones "snap/crinkle" back into position.



Normally this would just be a small annoyance, but the problem is so persistent and I have to do this every time I take my headphones off. Imagine having to blow into your headphones every time you take them off to say something to someone or to listen to something. You can also remove your headphones VERY slowly and carefully every time you take them off. Especially since these are top rated expensive headphones, I shouldn't have to do this! The problem is more prevalent in the left ear for some reason but I've tested both sides and they are equally prone to this problem. Many others on the Skullcandy forums and Amazon reviews have expressed the same problem and came to no solution. Strangely, it was almost always in the left ear. I guess I was lucky to figure out the root of the problem. It seems to me that the 11m drivers are too large for their own good or the material used to make them is too soft and are very prone to inverting. This is a serious design flaw that Skullcandy needs to address.

I actually went to bestbuy to get these and paid the full retail price of $69...at the time of purchase i had a pair of apple headphones that came with the iphone that had already worn out, i asked a few employees at bestbuy and they all pointed to these.....I must say the sounds that are produced by these headphones are AMAZING.....Superior sound quality!!!!! but unfortunately as time passes by.....the cord itself tends to become a problem....especially the input jack that goes inside your mp3 player or phone/audio player....i was a but careless and started wrapping the headphone wire around my iphone and putting it in my pocket when it wasnt in use......this caused the input to mess up and now my right earbud works only when i mess around with the wire....it gets really annoying.....to the point that it became unusable. so i warn you.....be very careful with these headphones.....treat them kindly or FAIL.

As my first 'splurge' on some good (at least better than what the devices come with) in-ear buds, I couldn't be happier with the Skullcandy FMJ in-ear buds. Rich music quality, full base and great overall sound, as my first pair of good buds I never knew I'd notice such a difference in the sound quality. Definitely makes upgrading from these in the future a consideration. I highly recommend FMJ's to anyone considering them. - Earbud - Skull Candy - Earbud Headphones - Ear Buds'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information