Sunday 11 September 2011

Homeschool Organization - home schooling, education


In 1990 I started homeschooling my three younger children and continued on until they received their high school diplomas in 1998. For all but two years of that time, all of it as a snail-mail-dependent, pre-overseas-Internet military family in Europe, my regular homeschooling support was Home Education Magazine.



Although they didn't know it, the magazine's columnists and writers held my hand through my ups and downs, gave me ideas when I needed them, and reflected back to me many of my own situations but with a twist that always gave me insight. I found mailing information for catalogs from which to order our materials, and even a school for when the kids got into high school and we wanted transcripts and diplomas. Every two months the mail clerk delivered my homeschooling lifeline. Other magazines had information, HEM had heart.



For the two years when a support group was available, the magazine provided inspiration for the newsletter I produced, and is continues to do so now for my website.



The homeschool-support world has grown with the expansion of online connections and my kids are grown, yet my subscription continues. It just might come in handy with the grandkids. Home Education Magazine

The only home education magazine that includes the entire homeschooling community offering great how-to advice for everyone from beginners to experienced homeschoolers who have been educating their own children for years. There is a lot of seasoned advice for encouraging all children to learn and grow into capable, well-rounded, well-educated adults. There simply is no better home education magazine for parents who want to learn about homeschooling or find information and resources.

My oldest "child" heads off to college this fall as a happy, well adjusted, always-homeschooled young man. Home Education Magazine was the first homeschooling magazine that I subscribed to and it is the ONLY subscription that I never let lapse....and I've kept every single issue! I have two more children who are still homeschooling and it is as relevant now as when I first found it when my oldest was just a toddler. I highly recommend it as the best all-around homeschooling magazine out there!

If you are looking for a no nonsense magazine, one that isn't out there to promote a narrow viewpoint, then HEM is the one for you. The articles cover a wide range of subjects of interest to homeschoolers, moms, dads and kidlets! If it is happening in homeschooling it will be covered. Just starting out? Lots of good advise. Need specific information? Lots of good references.



If you only buy one magazine, this is the one to buy!

Since it's conception 1983, Home Education Magazine has been the most respected homeschooling magazine available.

A great investment for those just considering or beginning homeschooling, as well as seasoned homeschoolers. HEM is jam-packed with great articles, columns, interviews and has proven itself a valuable tool to the diverse homeschooling community.

You'll NEVER throw these out and will refer back to them for years to come.

I can't say enough wonderful things about this magazine. In fact, I love it so much, I currently have about 15 years of back issues! (And yes, I do go back and re-read them).



FYI - you can get a subscription for less money directly from their website.

I would recommend this magazine to any homeschooling family that doesn't necessarily home schools for religious reasons. Some articles may have a religious aspect to them but in average the articles address basic problems and situations that deal directly with home schooling. A variety of outlooks are discussed periodically for which I am great full since were I live there are few options available in the support groups.Here I discovered Sandra Dodd and her unschooling blog which has been a great help. - Home Schooling - Homeschool - Homeschool How To - Education'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information