Friday 2 September 2011

Kenneth Cole Belt - buckle, excellent


This belt fits all of my needs! I wear it with my dress clothes almost exclusively every day. After over 6 months of use, the belt surface still shows little/no wear and still shines like it is new. The only complaint that I have is that the leather surface is slightly separating from the backing around the edge closest to the hole I use most. This was easily fixed with a dab of super glue though! Go Kenneth Cole! Kenneth Cole REACTION Men's Waldorf 1-1/2" Reversible Leather Belt, Black/Brown, 32

After a few wearings, the belt started to separate (the black side from the brown side) in the center of my back, where there would usually be a slight dip after the belt stretched out. Instead, it kinked a little bit and started to separate.

As several other reviewers have noted, this belt separates in the middle after a couple of months. If you must replace it once every four months, might as well buy something more expensive that lasts longer.

This belt does not really have two distinctive colors, but rather black and almost black. It also has a distinctive fastening system that seems to work and to be robust as well. Finally, it seems a bit plasticized rather than seeming like leather. But it works, and is attractive enough.

What can I say, it's a belt. If you want a timeless and fashionable belt that is also sturdy, you cannot go wrong with this purchase. On one occasion, I was forced to remove my belt and use it as a connector between two heavy objects and STILL it hasnt warped, nor does it look like it will. My one complaint, it would seem that the leather was painted and not dyed as the edges are beginning to chip, but that's not an issue for me as seeing that area of the belt is impossible. If it really came down to it, I could take a sharpie marker and redo the edges.

The leather feels supple and soft. The buckle design is cool. I received compliments on the belt.



No problems to report.





Update - When I first received the belt and the first several times I wore it, I was happy with it.



But after wearing the belt several times using both sides, it has separated right in the middle between the black and the brown sides. Since it is out of the return time window, Amazon won't do anything. It is cheaply put together and comes apart easily. I have owned other reversible belts in the past, but Kenneth Cole Reaction is the only one that has separated, especially so soon in use.

The belt is really good though I cant wear it because its too small. Im going to sell it to a friend. I bought the 34 size since thats my size in american eagle jeans, you may want to at least buy one size bigger. Also the brown size is really dark so it makes it look like is black on both size if you wear it at night. If you are looking for a reversible belt you may want to look at a different option.

I bought this belt 2 months ago. The belt is great at first, but after a while the two leather pieces will begin to separate and you'll end up with two fully separated leather strips. I came here to buy a second (identical) belt thinking mine was an oddity, but seeing that other customers complain too I'll look for another model. - Kenneth Cole Belt - Excellent - Kenneth Cole - Buckle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information