Thursday 15 September 2011

Kindle Reading Light - kandle, book light


Just received the Kandle and it is a neat, compact design. I already own a Mighty Bright and an M-Edge light, for comparison below.



Pros:

- Very lightweight (partly because of the button batteries).

- Compact, stores nicely.

- Great for a bare Kindle - fits perfectly on the top edge and provides adequate illumination for the screen.



Cons:

- Substantial falloff of light on the bottom half of the Kindle. Sufficient for reading, but a noticeable difference in intensity and could be a strain on old or tired eyes; really noticeable when clipped to a cover.

- Won't work (very well) on a Kindle with a cover that uses straps. I have several M-Edge covers currently, and all are too thick to attach the clip with any stability over cover and Kindle together. Clipping on the folded back puts it too far away to adequately illuminate even the top half of the screen, and clipping it on the Kindle directly between the cover and Kindle stretches the straps and risks damaging the rear skin if your Kindle has one. It does work on Kindle covers with the Amazon-type covers with just the metal spine clips (and no straps), but I avoid those because of potential damage to the Kindle frame (and you should too). Have an Oberon cover coming*, so could be better suited to this design - we shall see; I expect any cover thick enough to protect the Kindle would be too thick to use this light.

- Don't have one, so this is a guess, but based on the K2 results I would think would be marginally (if that ) adequate for a DX - just too much difference in light at the bottom of the screen.



Neutral: Battery life currently unknown, but the button 2032 batteries are more expensive than AAAs and are not rechargeable



For neat, light weight, trim design and compactness, I give the Kandle a thumbs-up. For practical use and good screen illumination on covered Kindles (which I suspect is the majority), the Mighty Bright and M-Edge e-Luminator lights are superior Kindle lights, although not as cool looking!



*Addendum: The light DOES fit on the top (1/4") edge of the Oberon cover over the Kindle, so it is usable, but light falloff on the lower half of the screen is significant. Much less illumination that even the M-Edge light, which is just adequate. Great design, marginal functionality. Kandle by Ozeri LED Book Light for the Amazon Kindle (1st and latest generation), and other eBook readers - in Black

I would've gone with the white Kandle, but I had a Black Kindle cover/skin so I chose this one. Overall, the Kandle is perfect! It feels sturdy enough to just throw it in my pack or put it in my pocket without worrying about it breaking. The 2 LED's provide enough illumation to light up the whole screen without bothering people around you yet at teh same time, lighting up the screen enough for you to be able to easily read. Now, I've read some people complaining about how the light isnt bright enough, or that the light isnt spread out well. In my opinion, those people probably are tryiing very hard to find something to complain about. I found the Kandle to be bright enough; when you're about to read at night, let your eyes adjust to the dark setting, and you'll find the Kandle to provide enough light for you to be able to read everything easily. I've purchased about four other booklights previous to this, and this is my favorite without a doubt.

I Love this Light! I love how it is so small and portable! I travel alot and this is the most practical light for the Kindle I've seen or used- its small, lightweight, portable, durable, and it gets the job done. I'd recommend this for anyone who loves to read at night.

I received this as a present, but after using for a few nights, I loved it! So I bought one for my wife. Now she takes it everywhere she goes. We both agree that the Kandle is a fantastic light that fixes alot of the headaches experienced from other book lights. Overall, the Kandle seems to be a A+ in terms of build quality and design. The clamp is not to tight but not to loose so it fits snugly on the Kindle. It also has nice pads so that it won't scratch. The light is sufficient enough for most situations. I did read a few reviews saying how its not bright enough but my wife and I found the lighting to be perfect. If it was any brighter, it would be like shining a flashlight at people around you while you're reading. I also love the fact that this does not glare, and even if it does it can be easily adjusted. This is a very well-thought product that does what it is supposed to do. I'd recommend this to ANYONE who has a Kindle.

The kandle is downright awesome! I've went through about 5 book lights looking for the perfect light for my kindle, but none of them seemed to be the perfect one. or at least until I bought the Kandle. Other book lights had bad qualities that really out-weighed the benefits, such as hotspots, glare, heavy, portable.... but the Kandle had all the perfect qualities i was looking for and I am glad to say that my exhaustive search is over for the best book light. - Book Light - Kandle - Reading Light - Kindle Reading Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information