Thursday 15 September 2011

Kool Stop


These stop the bike with the same exact feel as a set of regular Kool Stop pads. Quiet, not grabby, and good linear feel. Put these on my kids bike, so I don't know how they are in the wet. These pads are slightly curved to better fit a bike wheel. They lined up perfect with a 26" wheel. On my boy's 20" wheel, the curve allowed me to get more brake surface against the wheel than a straight pad would. I gave 5 stars because the standard Kool Stops get five stars. I don't know how these would compare to the pad inserts, but I do know they are better than the stock Shimano pads. Aztec Aztec2 Bicycle Brake Pads (Threaded)

Nice pads for the price. Not sure about their longevity yet, as i put them on as replacements on a mountain bike, then broke my derauluer and bought a new bike altogether. Easy to install, standard bike Allen wrench to put them on, installed in less than 10 minutes.

I searched the web for Mongoose XR-75 bike parts , but was unable to find a site specifically designed for Mongoose bikes. Most of the sites had generic parts, and did not give adequate details. Finally, I decided to ordered the Aztec bicycle brakes from Amazon. I ordered two pairs, they arrived within five days. They were easy to install, they fit perfectly and work even better than the originals. Note, most bicycle repairs requires metric tools, so be prepared whenever you attempt to do any work on your bike with a good set of metric hex, and open end wrenches.

I ordered these to replace 20 year old Shimano units on a city/hybrid bike. Plenty of adjustments are possible providing a very flush contact with the rim. No squeaking or grabbing. Be sure to clean your rims with isopropyl alcohol or a degreasing agent prior to installing new pads. These units arrived on time and exceeded my expectations for quality.

I just replaced brake pads on both of my bike wheels. I put this item on front and JagWire $6 pads from REI on the back. I could see the significant difference: Aztec pads provide much more braking power. Given just $2 price difference Aztec is clearly a very good choice.

I own a mountain bike and use it to commute to school everyday in Los Angeles. Anyway my original brakes were down to nothing and after crashing into another biker because I could not stop in time I figured it was time to get new brakes. These brakes have a higher stopping power then my mountain bikes originals breaks ever did! they work great but be warned they lockup easy.

Haven't given these a whole lot of use yet, so I can't judge their durability, but so far they seem to be pretty good and afford a good deal of breaking without being too grippy and throwing me over the bars. Always a plus. For the price, I can't fault them.

I've gone through 4 sets of these brakes with my Trek FX bike. I had to remove a couple of the alignment washers for the pads to fit correctly on my bike but that was very simple. I live in an area that has a few hills and commute everyday so my brakes tend to get worn out anywhere from 3-6 months. I've typically put about 2000 miles before changing the brakes, though I tend to use them to the very end of their lifetime. However, when it is finally changed, the old pads do still have some braking power. Bottom line, these brakes are very economically priced and work quite well for normal commutes on a hybrid or road bike that involve some hills.

The brake pads that came on my mountain bike were damaging my rims and nothing I did would fix the issue. I decided to try these Aztec2 pads and so far I am very happy with them. They have a larger contact area than my old pads and fit the shape of my 26 inch rims perfectly. I can stop significantly faster now and they don't chew up my rims.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information