Friday 2 September 2011

Olympus Digital Camera - camera accessory, olympus digital camera


This rechargeable battery came with my Olympus C-50 5MP digital camera, and I'm quite satisfied with it and don't feel the need to buy a spare battery. I am not a photographer that goes out taking shots for hours on end, but I do occasionally go on picture-taking sprees on pretty days or party weekends. I haven't run into problems with the battery dying on me so far, and I've had this battery for almost 2 years now. If you know you're going to be taking a lot of pictures, leave home with a full battery and you should be fine. Olympus LI-12B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery for Select Stylus and C Series Digital Cameras

I purchased extra batteries to use on my trip with the Olympus Stylus 800 digital camera. The batteries worked very well. I changed the battery in the camera after 200 shots, but hadn't seen the low battery warning yet. I probably could have gotten 400 shots out of each one. Take a few extra along for those remote trips, but you probably will need fewer than anticipated.

I have owned several digital cameras, including numerous Olympi.

I do Kite and Balloon Aerial Photography. The camera is usually several 100 feet above the ground and a pain to bring down to change out the batteries. So, I'm very concerned with battery life.



Three of the Olympi have used the LI-12B. I still have three of these batteries (one is an aftermarket clone from Thomas Distributing) and two chargers. With my Stylus 410, I was able take about 300 pictures without flash and LCD display on one charger. The jury is still out on my new Stylus 800. I can't seem to turn off the LCD display on the 800. This sucks because the LCD is big (2.5") and probably draws alot of juice.



All in all, it seems to last comparbly to the C123/dual-AAs in my Pentax Optio S55 but not as long as the four 2500mAh rechargeable AAs in the Canons.

I got this battery when I bought my Olympus point and shoot. I also bought an off-brand battery at the same time to save a few bucks.



Big mistake.



After two years the off-brand battery doesn't hold half the charge of the Olympus battery. It also started to curve so that it is very difficult to remove from the camera when it's time to re-charge. Forget the off-brands and buy one or two Olympus batteries. It will save you money and frustration.

I just bought the Olympus Stylus 300 this weekend. I am very pleased with the battery that came with it. The battery life is comparable to AA batteries, but the best part is that it only takes about 2 hours to recharge whereas my NiMH AA's take approximately 7 hrs.

This is the EXACT same battery that came with my camera & at 1/2 the cost of buying it from Olympus! I'm a photographer & go through several batteries in one shoot. I was very happy to find these same high quality batteries for a MUCH lower price! I would recommend them to anyone.

I measure this battery with tester it has 950mAh which takes a lot of photos than the Ni-MH AA. Just take a 2nd one for travel instead of a box of AA, it is a good idea to come with the new compact Oly cameras.

At first these batteries hold a charge well. After a few recharges they are worthless. I own 8 of them and they are constantly being recharged. I take an average of 50 pictures daily and the batteries go dead after only 5 or 6 pictures. I won't buy another camera that uses this battery. Very very expensive, too. I paid about $30 or more for each battery. The retail price is $66 which is a joke. No battery should cost so much and be worthless after just a few months of recharging. I have had several begin to bulge at the center, too.



One 6 second movie and it's dead.



Thumbs down on this one.



By the way, I do take very beautiful pics with my Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom when I can get the battery to not go dead so soon.



So disappointed.

Wouldn't you know!! Made in China. - Olympus Stylus 710 - Olympus Digital Camera - Photography - Camera Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information