Monday 19 September 2011

P90x Resistance Bands - p90x resistance bands, exercise bands


When I opened the box initially I wondered if I'd be able to tell the different resistance levels in these bands as they are all different colors.



After looking at them briefly and checking out the size of the tube and thickness I have to say this:



You'd have to be pretty thick-headed to not be able to tell which bands are easy and which bands are hard.



Yellow is the lightest

Then Green

Then Blue

Then Black

Red is the hardest



The fact that people take a star away because they're not labeled is sad. How many people would keep this piece of paper if it came in the box, for future reference? Anyone? Really?



It's in the description anyways, so people complaining about that is not necessary. Use your head.



The only thing that would be more helpful is how to use the door anchor it comes with. Black Mountain Products Resistance Band Set (Five Bands Included)

I purchased these resistance bands in January of 2011 (super fast shipping to VA) and I must say they are one the best things I have bought off of Amazon. I originally used them form me Slim in 6 beachbody workout and I now use them for P90X. I travel 3 to 4 days per week and I can throw these bands along with my workout DVDs in my bag and get a great workout in while in my hotel room. These bands have been helping to keep my motivated because I no longer have an excuse for skipping workouts while on the road. I love this set because the varying band sizes allow me to continue challenging myself by increasing the resistance without increasing the weight of my suitcase :-). This product is made extremely well and the hand grips are made for comfort. I definitely recommend this product to anyone that will listen and BMP has great quality products. Thanks BMP!!!

I have been using these bands for a couple of weeks, and they definitely offer a good work out. I have stretched them past what I thought were the limits and they have survived just fine. If they do break it's nice to know they have a lifetime warranty.



The one thing I would say is that if you are a bigger guy (I bench just under 300 lbs), you may want to purchase their set that is "stackable". I can fit two of these in my hands fairly easily, so I do most exercises with the red and black (the two heaviest bands) simultaneously. With the stackable ones there is a clip so you only have to hold one handle and can attach multiple bands. However, with those two bands it still provides a great workout. With the stackable you could add even more though.



Overall a great buy. Most bands in retail stores are around $10/ea. These bands are the same or higher quality. Included is a booklet with some basic exercises for beginners. Great for traveling.

I bought these to save a little bit of money for doing the p90x system. If you are thinking of doing the same DON'T DO IT. It says that they are great for doing any home workout exercise including extreme workouts but half of my bands are busted now. The elastic band is attached to the handles using a grommet. On half of my bands the grommet has pulled out of the handle. Twice when this happened the flying grommet left blood welts on my shoulder and leg.



If you planning on doing p90x I recommend spending the extra money to get the official bands. I am going to have to do it so I am out the money I wasted on these.

These bands tore out of their handles in my 3rd week owning them. The product seemed ok when it arrived, but after less than 10 normal work outs they broke, rendering them useless.



I would not recommend this product to anyone. If deciding to purchase bands, I would recommend the higher priced, seemingly better quality bands out there.

You know the phrase, No pain, no gain? I think they had this product in mind when thinking of it. So, My first and last time using these bands resulted in an awesome welt down my back. The band snapped and the cheap, metal rings which are used to hold the handle to the band snapped down my back while doing triceps curls....I was not over stretching the bands, they are complete crap....You defiantly get what you pay for...

I've been weight training for many years. I always worked out with free weights and machines. After a shoulder injury/surgery, driving all the way to the gym to use the 10lb dumbells was just not worth the gas. Throughout Physical Therapy I did extensive rehab with resistance bands and found that I could still work my upper body with a good amount of resistance. I also really like the variety that these bands will bring to my workouts now and in the future when I fully recover.It came just as advertised. The quality suprised me for the price (even though I did expect a good product based on the reviews). I like the clip connectors that let you connect multiple bands to the handles. This really gives you a wide range of resistances to use while you train. The door anchor worked great for tricep pushdowns and standing rows to hit the back. The bag is the icing on the cake - you can throw everything in the bag and it stores nicely out of the way.I would recomend this product to anyone who wants to train with bands and add variety to their training.

These are really awesome quality bands. I needed something to work out with on deployment and these really offer a variety of combinations of resistance for different exercises. I read the other reviews before purchasing and the other positive reviews were right on. Great value for the money and I'll probably use them for traveling even when I get home. - Fitness - P90x Resistance Bands - P90x - Exercise Bands'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information