Friday 9 September 2011

Polaroid Digital Camera - compact digital camera case, camera cases


I tried several cases for my new Canon S90 and this case had the best snug fit for the S90 without being too snug. It will provide a modest level of protection for the camera without adding unnecessary bulk. The outer pocket will hold an extra battery and/or memory card. Case Logic TBC-302 Ultra Compact Camera Case with Storage (Orange)

I recently purchased a Canon S90 to complement my 5DmkII on a safari in Tanzania. Throughout the trip I had the S90 on my belt for quick and easy access; the case isn't bulky and seemed to protect the camera well enough from the occasional knock as the land cruiser hit big bumps.



On my last day in Tanzania I was walking through the streets of Arusha when suddenly I felt a hard tug that almost spun me around. I turned to see a man starting to flee. I started off in pursuit--concerned more about the memory card than the camera itself--but after a few steps realized the camera was still at my side, only a slight rip in the strap indicating anything had happened.



Recommended as a sturdy carrying case with a reasonable amount of padding for impact protection (you won't want to drop it from very high or expose it to strong blows).

This case happens to be a good fit for the Canon S90. If you're hiking or are on vacation, it'll get you that crucial amount of padding plus room for 1 or 2 spare batteries and SD card. I particularly like the fact that the belt loop is fixed (not a clip), so once you put it on, you can be confident that it stays on, no matter which woods you're cutting your way through. Use a wider belt if you have one, the case wiggles a little with slim belts.



If you're out in Metropolis though, the "outdoor factor" may be just a tad over the edge. You can remove the metal hook and cut off the bright label with sharp scissors, but it'll still look a bit too dorky for, say, the opera or sushi gathering. For such occasions, you'll do better with Canon's PSC900 Deluxe Leather Case.

I read this was a good case to get for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 so I ordered one at the same time I ordered my camera.



I got them on the same day and was happy.



I like the case, it is padded and has a little pocket in the front, but I was hoping the pocket was a little bigger. You can't really fit anything in there.. maybe a SD card, but it can't have to bulky a case and there is no way a battery will fit in there.



As for the camera, I liked it at first, it has a snug fit and seemed perfect, but then I realized how unperfect it was. I put the wrist band on it and all the sudden it was way to hard to close, I was afraid I'd scratch it trying to get it zipped. I found a way around this by turning the camera backwards facing away from the pocket.



Another thing I noticed and I HATED was when it was turned the right way with the wrist band on (not sure about without it.. only noticed after I put it on) is that the fit was TO tight that sometimes when zipping it up the zipper hits the on off switch and tries to turn it on.. which isn't good cuz the lense has no where to go! Again, turning it backwards seems to help with this, but I still have to be real careful when putting it up to avoid hitting it...



I like the snug fit but at the same time I wish it was a little bit bigger, I'm afraid if I am in to big of a hurry I might accidently hit the camera with the zipper or something.

I just purchased a Canon SD4000 and wanted a good case to secure the camera. I went with Caselogic TBC-302 and I love the fit.

I had many different cases and every time I get frustrated of keeping the camera in the case because it doesn't fit in my pocket.

Usually, I would just keep the case in my bag and the camera in my pocket.



The TBC-302 size fits comfortably in a regular pair of jeans.

Enough room for a spare battery and SD card.

Purchased this on advise from other reviews for the Panasonic Lumix ZS7 I purchased. Case holds the camera and an extra battery in the main section, and the memory chips in the small section. Has a loop to be attached to your belt. It is very small and a tight fit for the above, but it is perfect for what I wanted. Sturdy construction and has a little bit of padding to keep the camera secure. Perfect case for this camera and the few esstentials you need to bring along.

I just purchased a Panasonic Lumix ZS7 from Amazon and am looking for a case to protect it. I read a few reviews on this case that referenced Panasonic Lumix and/or ZS7, so I ordered one. Don't make the same mistake I did!



This case is too small for the ZS7 (or any similar size model). Once you cram it into the case, it really takes some effort to get the zipper closed. I'm afraid of the zipper scratching the new camera. Since return shipping costs almost as much as I paid for this case in the first place, I'm stuck with it or selling it online elsewhere.



I'm giving the product a good rating because I do like the case, it just doesn't fit my specific camera, which I had no way of knowing until after ordering it. There could be more cushioning, so like others have mentioned, I wouldn't expect it to protect the camera very well if dropped from several feet. But to protect from scratches and average jostling around, it's decent enough.



Update: I checked out a few stores in my area, taking my camera along with me for a fitting.



If you like the looks of this case, but want one for your ZS7 or similar size model, check out the Case Logic TBC-303. The camera will fit, with room to spare, plus has the zippered storage pocket on the front. Similar to the TBC-302, it will hold the camera and offers some protection from bangs and scratches, but isn't likely to protect your camera much if dropped. The big-box store that starts with a "W" is selling it for nine bucks in my area.



If you want something with more cushion/protection, I would recommend the Case Logic QPB-202. It has a plush interior with thicker cushioning along with a hard molded front. It wil fit the camera inside and has a mesh pocket for memory cards and an extra battery. Definitely feels like it would better protect the camera if dropped from a few feet up. I'm buying it from Amazon for less than ten smackeroos. The "W" store didn't carry it and the office supply chain had a higher "Max" price, over thirteen bucks. - Digital Camera - Compact Digital Camera Case - Blueproton - Camera Cases'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information