Thursday 1 September 2011

Portable Hard Drive - hard drive cases, portable hard drive


Very nice case that is well built and looks good. It is a little larger (vertical height) than what you would need for a 2.5" drive. On the other hand the additional 1" space allows for more storage if needed. My WD Elements hard drive fits perfectly under the strap. The main thing is that the case is built solid and will protect your portable hard drive. Drive Logic™ Portable Hard Drive Carrying Case Pouch (Black)

These are well-made. I bought three when ordering a Transcend portable HD, but it is the right size for two of my Lacie HDs as well as another older drive that I rarely use. The case is fairly rigid and the drives and cables have to be quite flat in order to zip the pouch closed. I like the construction and feel this is a good way to store drives that are seldom used as well as to carry a drive in soft-sided luggage or a backpack.

Oyen Digital 1TB External 2.5-in USB 2.0 Mini Portable Hard Drive



I use this case to store my recently purchased Oyen Digital 1TB External harddrive. The sturdiness is outstanding, with a firm case that could withhold pressure around it in the bottom of a backpack, etc. It also has a pouch/pocket on the inside where I can keep my USB cable, as well as a misc. pocket on the exterior for any other accessories. The strap on the inside holds my hard drive inside very snugly so I don't have to worry about it sliding around. The only downfall is it is a lot larger than I expected or would like. It is about the size of a compact grocery store romance novel, and a bit bulky for my 2.5-in drive. Nonetheless, I am willing to trade the bulk and awkward size for the peace of mind in the protection that is offered and the handy storage for my USB cord that isn't found on other cases for external drives.

This HD is what HD ought to be. Took my time using it, but after installing it recently, it turned out to be a marvel. This drive practically installs itself. The big advantage is USB2 power supply, eliminating adaptors, always a pain.



At 11 oz (312g) it is a bit heavy for the shirt pocket, but can be done.



After experiencing it, just bought another 500G one, also from Amazon, which sells them at substantial discount to OEM price.

Amazing service for a fantastic price. Was amazed at how quickly it arrived. Wasn't sure if it

would be a good value for the price but is certainly a GREAT value. Also didn't know if my hard drive would fit but it fit perfectly, seems like just about any size will fit. Will be coming back. - Portable Hard Drive - Hard Drive Cases - Toshiba Hard Drive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information