Friday 16 September 2011

Stainless Steel - cuisinart, gas grill


I just got this grill...it's a state of the art tabletop grill. The grill is already put together, so it's essentially ready to be used "out of the box". The grill is very light, so it's efficiently portable and easy to carry. It can fit on small or large tables and comes with a stainless steel veggie plate that is great for cooking vegetables, kabob's etc. It's got a easy to attach catch pan dipper that just slides on under bottom of the grill. The grill starts immediately (push and turn to light the burner) and the heat comes on quick; the temperature gauge on the top is very accurate and allows superior cooking capabilities, which is the best part of this grill. i cooked chicken the first night i got the grill, and it came out perfectly. For those of you using Weber or other more commercial grills, I'd recommend looking at this. I use to have a weber, used for tailgates etc - this grill is 10 times better and reasonably priced for it's quality. Cuisinart CGG-200 All-Foods 12,000-BTU Tabletop Propane Gas Grill

My old, very large gas grill finally fell apart after many long years of use. I've been using a charcoal Weber while looking for a replacement gas grill. I love all things Cuisinart so was very intrigued when I found this grill here on Amazon. After reading the reviews I knew my search was over; this was the grill for me. I actually found it on ebay for 10.00 less than Amazon at the time, same free shipping, so I ordered from there (it's the same price now, 159.95). The seller was Beach Camera, the only seller listed here on Amazon currently. I also bought the cover, which is much heavier/nicer than any other grill cover I've ever owned. Beach Camera is a great seller, you won't be disappointed with their service.



The grill is heavy duty and I'm guessing it's going to last a long time. The grate is genuine cast iron, so season it before using to get the full cast iron effect, and extend the life of the grate. It has a very fine coating of wax on it for protection, so you should wash it the first time with very hot water to remove the wax. Dry it well then coat it, both sides, with an oil of your choosing - I used olive oil. Put it into your oven (pre-heated to 450), turn heat down to 300, leave it for an hour, turn heat off and let it cool. Your grate is now seasoned. You won't need to wash it again. Just keep it debris-free with your grill brush, and oil before each use.



This grill heats very quickly, and the surface of the grate is evenly heated. The size is more than adequate for an average size family. I recommend reading more of the reviews for more info and helpful tips! I could not be more pleased with this purchase.

I purchased this Cuisinart grill because I was looking for a tabletop grill to take tailgating at NASCAR events and my wife to take to dog shows. After researching all the grills, this one looked to be a step up from the other ones available in this price range. We also have other Cuisinart appliances and trust the name. The body is made of stainless steel and each side table is stainless as well, unlike the plastic ones of the other models I looked at. It has a heavy cast grate that I love and comes with a vegetable tray which comes in handy with a vegetarian daughter. I am typically a charcoal man, but do not like to mess with charcoal when tailgating or fire up the big grill for something small.



The grill arrived in its own packaging. When I opened it up, I found it to be well packaged and all the contents to be in great shape, which I was surprised given the treatment my packages typically get by UPS. Heavy foam and cardboard enclosed all the parts.



Assembly was a snap with just 4 screws and washers that screw into the short stand the grill sits on. I sprayed the grate with non-stick spray to season it. It does not say to do this in the instructions, but I always do with new grills to make sure the food does not stick and it is easy to clean. When I fired it up I immediately noticed that it preheated very fast. It was up to 500 degrees in just a few minutes. I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked on my first meal of chicken.



We have had this grill about 8 weeks now and use it around 2 - 3 times each week We keep in on a table on our deck near the charcoal grill. I find myself running out with a couple frozen burgers for lunch or some chicken tenders at dinner time to complement a salad. This avoids heating up the stove in the summer time and having to clean up a mess. The grill gets hot quickly and I end up turning the temp down unless I have a very full load. I liked being able to grill with the lid down to control any flare-ups and maintain better overall cooking. Some other grills do not let you cook with the lid down. A bottle of propane seems to last us a long time, but I guess that depends on your cooking habits.



It has two handles and my wife and I find it easy for one of us to carry in and out of the truck and car and set up. The side tables both turn in and store under the lid. They turn out and snap in place when ready to use.



I found cleanup to be easy as the grate easily removes. Grease either burns off on the flame guard or runs into the grease tray that slides out under the grill. I typically do not clean out the inside very much unless I cook something that builds up a lot of ash and burnt on food parts. The outside stainless wipes off easily and looks like a new grill again each time.



I would recommend this grill to anyone that wants an easy to use, great looking grill that I am sure will last for many years.

If you are planning to use small propane cans with this grill then its OK and it works fine. However, I bought extended hose made by Cuisinart specially designed to use this grill with 20lb propane gas tank. After connecting this hose to the grill and 20lb propane tank ( I tried 2 of these tanks) I could not get high flame or enough heat to BBQ at all - temperature was 250F with 30 minutes waiting before I shut it off. I guess its because small propane cans are under a high pressure and 20lb propane exchangeable tanks are under low pressure. If this is a case than Cuisinart should stop adversing it so people will not waste money on exchangeable 20lb propane tanks and $25 for the useless conversion hose. I left a voice mail with customer service but no one called me back yet. - Cuisinart - Gas Grill - Portable Grill - Propane Grill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information