Friday 9 September 2011

Step Platform - exercise, fitness


This is the perfect step for at home. It's slightly shorter than steps you'd typically find at gym clubs and the risers are rectangular instead of square and take up less space. The risers also have cut outs on the bottom which are perfect for dyna bands or other resistance bands.



As for the video, Cathe Friedrich is one of the best step instructors out there. I've been stepping for 14 years and found this routine, to give a great cardio work out. It definitely is not for the beginner, however, with time and repetition a beginner could pick it up.



Enjoy! The Step F1004 Step Workout System

I bought this thinking it was like the step benches used in the clubs. It is, except it's a whole lot smaller. I think it would be fine for a smaller person, but if you're 5'8" with feet to match, you'll spend most of your time hoping you don't fall off the step. The quality of the product is good and the video they send with it is good. Just don't assume it's the size you're used to if most of your stepping has been at a health club.

I'm a single mother with a full-time job, taking part-time graduate classes are night. I have very little time to myself, let alone any time to go to the gym. I needed something that was fun and energizing to do at home, after my child went to sleep. I found the PERFECT product! I recommend this to anyone that wants to get a good workout in the comfort and privacy of their own home!

I wish I had purchased The Step before I wasted my money on a recumbent bike that didn't last six months!! I love it because it is easy to use, takes up very little space, and appears to be virtually indestructable! I am also very fond of the included DVD featuring Cathe Friedrich.

Gotta say I LOVE this Step and even more so the DEAL: Not only do you get The Step, but you also get FOUR raising-blocks *AND* a Step-workout dvd -- All for under $50!!! I think that's a bargain compared to buying the pro-equipment (I think it was $70-80 for the pro Step and $40-50 for two raising blocks, plus $15 for a DVD... that's, like, $140-150!).



The Step *is* smaller than the Steps you're probably used to from the gym, BUT it's not *that* much smaller -- I would say it's about 25% shorter length-wise. It's gotta be though, I mean it's an at-home Step so they're making it more storable. I guess if you're a big person it might be a little frustrating at first, but I don't see how you couldn't adjust to it. Then again, I'm 5'2 & petite so for me it's the perfect size! haha :P



The DVD is pretty good. It's pretty simple, basic stepping though, so if you're an advanced stepper you'll probably get bored real fast. However, it does get you to sweat a little, so it's not a complete waste. If not for the stepping, though, keep it for the abs workout -- OMG it's AMAZING!! For only 10 minutes it really makes you want to commit stomach suicide. haha Which is a good thing because the next day your tummy is sore but FLAT. :) But really, it's a good DVD, especially for those lazy days that you know you need to workout but don't want to (at least not too hard). LOL



Buy this kit, it's a *great* deal and it'll get you in shape! :)

The Cathe video that comes with this step is a total mess. When you push play from the menu, you are immediately vaulted into the warm up, so you better be ready and just throw the remote out of the way. Throughout the work-out Cathe moves very quickly from one step to the next, often forgetting to mention that she is changing steps. I have done step for several years in the past and recently started up again and this tape is definitely not made for anyone who does not do step aerobics on a regular basis.

The four risers do not lock together or to the platform. So, you can't just pickup the unit and move it to another spot without resetting the risers.

The box appeared to have been opened and the DVD was not sealed and had a number of minor scratches indicating it had been used. Everything was suppose to be new.

This product was much more cheaply built than I expected. It comes to pieces if I try to move it at all and it's too short for me to fit on when laying back to do "pec flies" with dumbbells. I'm pretty disappointed. Should have gone with the $90 version.

I have an elliptical, a treadmill, and a weight machine - and yet I keep returning to the simple step when I want to lose weight or to get fit.



For pure value for money, this simple step outdoes all of my other equipment.



The construction quality of The Step is simply awesome. This is solid plastic, and even with repeated use does not really show much wear. I purchased this step to replace an older step that I've had since 1999, and which is still going strong, but which was "borrowed" by a family member.



The added height provided by the extra risers in this package works well. The step is very stable even with the extra height, and I hardly notice a difference in stability even with some of the more active jump/lift moves.



It comes with a Cathe Friedrich DVD - though I personally prefer an old AerobicStair tape that I have used for over a decade now. Throw in a 2-pound set of handweights, and the step is simply one of the best exercise options out there.



The size of this step is actually just perfect for the needs in our family. Our shoe sizes range from 7 to 13, and it works just wonderfully for us. As an added benefit, it is compact enough for easy storage. I simply shove this under the bed, and it's instantly out of sight!



Regds

Devi - Exercise - Step Platforms - Fitness - Step Aerobics'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information