Sunday 11 September 2011

Tablet Accessory - xoom, xoom accessory


I ordered mine sometine in April and 2 days later i got an email that it has been shipped. I ordered a lot of stuff online and i was a little bit worried when it did not come in on my alloted time. I checked Amazon again and found out that there has been some issues with the shipping(being late due to Japan's recent disaster). I emailed amazon last week about it and i got a reply from the seller that it should be shipped within a week, and to show good faith, the seller reimbursed my shipping charges.

The product came in today finally,(4 weeks from date ordered)

My impression with the product is Okay. the material used is of good quality, considering the price, the workmanship and the design has some flaws but i can tolerate it considering the price. It doesn't have that SNUG fit that i expected, but im pretty sure its way better than what Verizon have for $39 bucks.

It's up to you guys...for me, it will protect the Xoom in ways that you use it. I'm sticking with it, maybe there are some other product out there, but im not going to invest another dollar since this one will do the job just fine. Navitech Black Genuine Premium Leather Flip Carry Case With Adjustable Stand For The Motorola Xoom Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb , 10.1 inch tablet (March 2011 Release ) 3G & 4G WI-FI 16 GB 32 GB 64 GB

Took a month from date of order to actually get the product



Product is NOT worth the price or the wait. And not willing to wait another month to get a refund



Latch to close the case doesn't work -



Waste of good leather - sorry, can't recommend on any level.

First off, there is no truth in advertising anymore. After researching what "genuine leather" means in the advertising world of deceit, I found that the product only has to contain "some" genuine leather to qualify for this claim. This product is no exception, but then again, did I really expect "100 percent" leather? Well, yes I did, but I'm old and I'm easily fooled by catch phrases. While most of the product is actually "Pleather", it's still a good product for the price. I just wished that producers of goods would just be more honest. Also, the "stand" is not adjustable, unless you consider flipped out for use, or collapsed for none use as adjustable. Again, truth in advertising. And, again, this is a good product, for the money, but don't be fooled by all the hype.



What I'm saying is; you get what you pay for, so if the price for all the hype sounds too good to be true, then you should trust your gut feeling. Would I suggest this to others, yes, but with a warning, as I have written here.

I will start with my disappointment in the delivery of the Xoom case, but after some back and forth - the company made good on their promise of a refund and a free case, so I will give them a lot of credit. Since I am reviewing the product itself, I won't give or take away stars for the company delivery itself.



The case itself is a simple design, with cutouts for the rear speakers and rear camera that work very well. However, I am disappointed in the top front cutout which covers up the front camera. You can pull it back so it will work, but that should be made better - if I used the front facing camera I wouldn't be too happy. It stands a bit awkwardly when charging - but that is a Motorola design flaw, not Navitech's.



The closure magnet is not strong - but always seems to keep it closed. The stand adjusts at different levels which is very convenient.



One suggestion would be to add a small pocket for paperwork, but that is a personal preference and something I knew about going into it.



Overall, for the price, I think this is a good deal.

Like others said, I ordered and waited but nothing came. I contacted them and got it three days later. They were very nice about it.



It seems well built, nice stitching. The strap along the bottom doesn't lay flat and is starting to get in the way. I'm a bit disappointed that I have to leave it open to plug into the charger. The stand gives it a pretty extream angle, it would be nice if it were adjustable.



It does have a good feel and stops the Xoom from slipping out of my hands and help keep it clean. I'm happy I got this and will recommend it to my three Xoom owning friends.



update; may 6 - after using for a week I thought I'd offer an update. Poor fitting case, my xoom slips out all day long I'm having to shove xoom in tight. Started using xoom upside down so it would stop slipping so much. The extream angle of the stand makes the stand useless. Lea the strap will not lay flat, always having to reach under to press buttons near edge. It's. Not defective or anything, just very poorly designed. I'm not sure if I can return this but I'm going to try. I ordered another case from another company an hour ago.

I placed my order on 3/31 and had a delivery estimate of 4/20 - 4/22. I received it today 5/2. It is a good case and the best option out there. The fit is not perfect but it is good. It looks great and is well worth the twenty dollars (price plus shipping) that I paid.

I finally received my case today, May 02. I ordered the case late on March 28, received the confirmation e-mail March 29. Shipment date was estimated to be April 6-12, and receipt by me April 11-19. I waited until April 25 to send a query via Amazon. Navitech responded April 27 with an apology for the delay, informing me that they shipped another unit and refunded my shipping (confirmed by an email from Amazon), also asking that I please return the second unit (at their expense) if the first ever shows up. Looking at the UK customs shipper declaration label, it was signed and dated (i.e. shipped) on March 29, and obviously the first case.



Now for the sanity check. This is a beautiful case. Genuine leather, excellent fit (Motorola Xoom), expensive look and feel for $14.99! I paid double that for my smaller, simpler Kindle leather cover. Now, everyone should have seen the disclaimers that this item was coming from the UK. Exactly what speed did you expect for $4.49? I have a lot of experience with international shipping and at first thought it must be a typo. When I saw it "ring up", I concluded that it was coming via slowest means and knew the estimated arrival date was wildly optimistic. However, it is a case for a tablet computer, not a transplant organ. I really didn't care when it arrived because it was the only case I found that appealed to me, so I was resigned to the wait. I don't know how they do it for only $4.49, but perhaps Navitech should offer more antsy customers the option of international express shipping. Then they can pay more for shipping than the product itself.



Bottom line: I got a beautifully made genuine leather imported case, with exactly the features I was looking for, for under $20.00US total. And, since this is a PRODUCT review (SELLER reviews appear elsewhere) that is about as five-star as you can get. - Xoom Accessory - Xoom Case - Xoom Cases - Xoom'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information