Thursday 1 September 2011

Toy Camera - kids digital camera, great for kids


I recently bought this for my 5 year old. He loves it! Its easy to use and takes nice pictures. The rechargable battery is a great thing. It claims to only hold up to 80 pictures but my son has 325 photos on it right now. The only downside is the flash is super bright and a full battery will only hold enough charge for about 4 hours of constant use. LEGO 3MP Digital Camera

This was a birthday present for a three year old and they love it. We tried an old "regular" digital camera before this, and it was too complicated and led to a lot of frustration. This one is very simple to use, with only the essential buttons and functions.



Despite having a higher resolution sensor than other "kids cameras", this one doesn't take very good pictures. If image quality matters, you will be disappointed.



Pros:

- Simple to use

- Fun design

- Seems very durable

- Battery life

- Rechargeable battery



Cons:

- Bad picture quality (think first gen cell phone camera)



I'd highly recommend it for 2-4 year olds. Older than that and I'd look for something with better image quality.

I purchased this camera for my 7 yr old son for Christmas. It is very easy to use and actually takes great photos. I chose this camera because it didn't look like a toddler device, but more durable than a traditional camera. I highly recommend this for a first camera for ages 6 to 9 year olds. If you choose this item you will not be disappointed

Our 4 going on 5 yr old specifically requested a "real" camera that could take "real" pictures for Christmas. After doing some research on Amazon, this one fit the bill. Internal battery charges via USB cable so not spending a fortune on batteries. Don't know about durability but she's careful with her stuff most of the time and it looks reasonably sturdy tho I wd not recommend throwing it across the room. A bit smaller than we would have liked but we figured if she could handle our small cybershot she could handle this.



And she does!



Pix have a decent quality (all are sized between 350 and 500 KB) and the memory holds over 80 pix. Flash is okay and if the light is good you don't need it (in fact, best to turn it off completely as everything tends to get over exposed). Simple to use so we can concentrate on things like composition and we enjoy seeing what the world looks like from her perspective!

I purchased this camera for my 7 year old son. He is into sports and games, but has taken an affinity to photography as well. He was thrilled to receive this gift for Christmas and hasn't left it alone since! He takes the camera everywhere and takes pictures of everything and everyone. The quality of the pictures is obviously not the best, but adequate and suitable for a child. The only thing I dislike about this camera is that it does not take batteries, and instead must be charged by USB. I think rechargeable batteries would have been more desirable. Children don't really understand the concept of power, so if he leaves the camera on for an hour and comes back to it totally dead he is devastated. That's when having the option to pop in a spare set of batteries would come in really helpful. The camera doesn't have a zoom, which some people may cite as a negative, but I actually have come to appreciate that. I think a zoom option would make the camera more fragile. Overall, besides the lack of battery options, I LOVE this camera for our 7 year old and would recommend it!

I guess I don't understand all the people complaining about poor photo quality... what do you expect for a kids' toy? We just turned the flash off, and the pictures are adorable. It's so easy, my four year old has no problems using it, the battery stays charged for a long time, and it's easy to download the pictures onto the computer. My daughter absolutely loves it. I recommend getting a case for it, though, especially for little kids.

I bought this camera for my own, I'm not into photography and I don't really care about super extra fine quality pictures, so I got this camera 'cause I love lego and 'cause it's cheap and it got everything I need.

This camera is very nice, it's very light and small, and the bricks protect it all, I really love it.

The quality is not the best, but you can actually get nice pictures with it.

My 6 year old got this for his Birthday and absolutely loves it!!! Taking pictures inside is a little tough as the view screen is pretty dark so unless you have lots of indoor light you can't see too good, but once you take the pics with the flash they come out fine for him! He gets a big kick out of taking his own pictures!! Outside it takes pics wonderful!! He carries this everywhere snapping away! We haven't put the pics on the computer yet as he hasn't even begun to fill it. It say's up to 80 pics but it takes more than that!! Don't know yet about durability as we have only had it for about 1 week so we will see!

This camera was advertised as being able to store 80 images on the internal memory. According to the manufacturer's website the memory was 128MB. And reviewers here have said the camera can store 150-200 images. So imagine my surprise when I bought it for my grandson for Christmas and it would only store 40-50 images before the internal memory was full. So I hooked it up to the computer and found that it had only 28MB. I contacted the maker (Digital Blue) and was told that it now ships with only 28MB and that they would update the website--which they have now done. The Amazon description still says "up to 80 photos."



It is really a pretty good camera for a little kid. Simple to use and while the images aren't great, they are ok. The child needs to learn to hold still when taking the photo, and to pay attention to the lighting. And as others say, beware the super flash. What is really great is that it charges from a USB cable rather than using batteries.



I got a small amount back from Amazon for the misleading description and decided to keep it. I'll update my review after my grandson has a go with it. - Great For Kids - Kids Camera - Lego - Kids Digital Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information