Saturday 17 September 2011

Water-resistant - water-resistant


I was interested in a clean-looking stainless moon-phase watch and happened on this Stuhrling. At $125, the price was enticing for an occasional-wear item, my everyday wristwatch workhorses all being TX watches now.



Ever-so-slightly disappointing in appearances, I'd rank this watch with some of the lower-end Invictas I've owned: attractive, considering the price. You get what you pay for, that's certain. My main complaint is that despite a 165' WR claim, common to many watches I've owned, the first day I wore it I was doing some work around the house on a warm day and perspiring a bit: the watch face fogged almost immediately.



If you're hard on watches, as I am, the water-resistant claim is important. I never buy anything that isn't water-resistant, and have never had this issue with any other watch so designated, even in light water-use situations like swimming and snorkeling. Stuhrling Original Men's 214L.33152 Classic 'Artemis' Moon Phase Swiss Quartz Watch

I bought this as an anniverary gift for my husband. While I was attempting to set up the moon phase of the watch for him, the crown of the dial came off! Imagine my horror! And, he did not even get to wear it! I am very disappointed at the quality of this watch. I had expected more.

This watch arrived today, and I was immediately surprised and impressed with the packaging... the attention to detail is awesome. The watch itself is absolutely gorgeous! It was a little tricky to set the moon phase, but after rereading the directions a couple time I figured it out, and its more tedius rather than difficult to set. The watch size is great, and if you think of value of this watch based on the price it is really great! - Water-resistant'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information