Wednesday 28 September 2011

Aaa Batteries - battery, value pack


These Maxell AAAs are a good value for batteries that are a step above generics, but not as long lasting as higher-end brands (like Duracell Coppertop AAA 20 Count Pack - which I also recommend). We use these in a MP3 speaker system that gets used every day and we find that these generally give out a day or so before Duracells (an unscientific observation).



The Maxell batteries come in at about 32 cents apiece vs 50 cents for Duracells (we have Amazon PRIME so get free shipping). The pack we received have a shelf-life of 5 years (2015), which is plenty long for the rate we go through these.



Recommended!



CFH Maxell 723815 LR03 AAA Cell 36 Pack Box Battery

I had been using generic batteries by the bulk and found that they did not last long. I tried a brand name this last time and bought Maxell batteries and have been very pleased with the change. The Maxell batteries last three times longer than the generic. If you use a lot of batteries as I do, then it pays to buy a brand name instead of the generic. You will be pleased with the results. I buy all of my batteries through Amazon and have been pleased with their line of batteries to choose from and their speedy delivery, along with their prices that fit into my budget.

This is the second time I have purchased these batteries. The first time, they were great. This time the longevity was poor. I have used approximately half the box already. Not sure if I'll buy them again.

Perhaps not quite as good as top of line batteries, these last a long time in my digital cameras, MP3 players and the kid's toys. They are well constructed and don't leak like inexpensive store brand batteries. I prefer to use rechargeable batteries, but there are many devices that are not compatible with rechargeables. These are a great substitute.

I bought a pack of these three months ago to use in a variety of electronic devices. I have had good experiences with off-brand batteries before and am familiar with the Maxell brand from cassette tape days. These batteries have been an unmitigated disaster. I have gone through 22 of the batteries in my wireless keyboard in the past three months and I only use the computer about twice a week (and the computer is off when I am not using it). Literally every other time I turn on my computer I have to replace the batteries. They last for four hours of keyboard time, maximum. The pair of Duracell batteries that I had in the keyboard before I bought these lasted for SIX MONTHS! Whatever the value of the Maxell brand in the past, I will absolutely never buy anything made by them again. I am now off to buy some more expensive, but infinitely better, Duracell batteries.

I bought these batteries a couple of months ago and had them in the drawer for the next item that needed them. I opened it today, put them in a laser light and NOTHING. My first reaction was that the light was broken, but I decided to test it with batteries I took out of another device. It worked fine. The batteries said they were good until 2015. They weren't even working in 2011. Don't waste your money. I always order batteries in advance so they are in the drawer when I need them. I now have to order more and NOT use the device until they arrive. VERY frustrating. I sent an email to Amazon to complain.

I don't go through AAA batteries extremely quickly. Most of the things that I use them for are rather efficient (like remotes, led flash lights, etc). I'm always mad when I have to buy any kind of battery because they cost so much. So that's why I go for big packs of less expensive brands. Maxell batteries on Amazon are the best value I've found (at least for AAAs). And this pack comes in a sturdy box which is great for me because it will probably be jostled around a bit before I go through the whole pack.



These batteries last just as long as any other AAAs that I've bought...



So, lets get one thing straight. All alkaline batteries are almost identical from brand to brand. The construction and physical durability may vary, but the problem of longevity usually does not come from the manufacturer. The quality and longevity issues are affected by it's age and the reliability of the merchant. The cheap generic batteries at a dollar store are most likely more than 3 years old and have probably been stored in cold and hot temperatures. True, a super cheap brand tends to produce a super cheap battery. But one AAA Alkaline battery made today by maxell or rayovac is going to perform almost exactly like a AAA Alkaline battery made today by Duracell or Energizer. When buying in a store check the expiration dates on the batteries (it should be printed on the packaging or on the batteries themselves). If they don't list one, then don't buy them. And don't buy batteries from a discount vender (a flea market, a thrift store, your neighbor).



The maxell batteries that I bought from amazon in February 2010 have an expry of 01-2015 (it's printed both on the batteries and on the front of the box). So they are fresh and sold by amazon, one of the most reliable merchants in the world. - Alkaline Batteries - Alkaline - Value Pack - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information