Thursday 1 September 2011

Corded Rotary Tools - rotary tool accessories, attachments


Dremel doesn't help much making the decision to pay the price for this package or the one that's half the price. I have both. This is the best deal if you want to use the EZ-Lock system or need a new EZ-Lock arbor, which makes sense if you cut a lot of metal. or do a lot of sanding or polishing. The real parts count in this kit is sanding drums and disks and polishing wheels.



The case is OK, but it's plastic and won't survive a drop. There's a small amount of unused space in the case.



The Dremel 697-06 doesn't include any EZ Lock parts, but does include a good selection of metal cutoff wheels that mount on a standard arbor.



If you already have the EZ-Lock arbor, you may be better off buying only the parts you need.



If you don't use the EZ-Lock system, 697-06 is a much better value. Dremel 710-05 160 Piece Accessory Kit

One of the smartest purchases I've ever made. First of all the "EZ lock" accessary alone is worth $15.00, and you get that plus 7 different types of wheels to use with it. Assortment of mandrels is great, you won't need to buy sanding accessories for a while too, 35 #60 grit drums, 35 #120 Grit, Sanding, polishing, cutting, buffing, sharpening, etc. Not to mention all the sanding disks, This is the one kit you need for your rotory tool. Beleive me you won't need anything else, even if you just get the kit and store it awaw for "just in case" it will not be a waste of cash, you "will" need something from this set maybe at a later time, but you will need/use it. I'd bet on that.

The cutting blades are not that durable. But I have enough sanding wheels for my whole life. Everything works good at Low to Medium speed. Watch out when cutting on high speed because you will have shrapnel flying at you from the cutting wheels.

I got this item at my local home depot for under $30+tax. If you don't know what you need, this is a great value for just testing out the things that a rotary tool can offer. Currently using it with the Black & Decker rotary tool. Since this kit contains a great variety, there will be things inside that I will most likely never use, but than again, you never know what comes up. From what I used so far, the cutting discs do last quite a bit; one of my sanding drums exploded on me from too high of an rpm most likely and pressing too hard against the surface. Just let the tool do the work, and should be fine.

this review is for the 160 ..



I wont list all the items in the box like everyone else has . Ill just say that anything you need will probably be here. Anything from engraving to cutting, polishing metals is in the box. Its a great sturdy box that opens like a book.. although the bottom folds down. Tons of sanding and neat tools for around the house . Ive polished my gold, sharpened my lawn mower blade... you name its there. I used this with my B&D RTX and 8846 chuck and it works great! Its worth it, get it!

I have not had the opportunity to use the accessories as of yet, but I am anxious to do so. I do have several small delicate projects for which I will be using the Dremel tool and some of the accessories.

The Dremel 710-02 160 pieces is worth the money. It was delivered promptly. However, my complaint is that I was looking for accessories for the Dremel trio and this product was suggested. It is the WRONG accessories. And I am very disappointed because it was a Christmas gift. I was embarrassed because Amazon recommended the wrong product. Going through the return was a hassle. - Corded Rotary Tools - Attachments - Rotary Tool Accessories - Hobby Tool'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information