Monday 19 September 2011

Cordless Phone Battery


I ordered 2 of these batteries for my Uniden cordless phone system. The batteries arrived faster than I expected for normal shipping( 2-3 days) which was great. The first battery I used held a charge for all of 2 days before dying. The second battery has been going on well so far, 1 month into the purchase, but I'm not confident that it will last. If the cost of mailing these back weren't higher than the price of the batteries, I would have returned these. BT-446 BP-446 Cordless phone battery for Uniden

Do not buy these knock off batteries. They do not last but a few days and also charge very hot, probably will damage the phone over the long run. I threw these out and got the real deal from batterymart.com, they cost $16 shipped and last over a week before needing a charge.

I bought a couple of these for our Uniden cordless phones, since they were so much cheaper than the ones at Target, etc. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for... these held their charge for a week or so, and since then, have not re-charged. On the other hand, the Target-purchased battery does just fine; of the three handsets we have, only this one charges and holds its charge. The other two handsets drain rapidly and take forever to re-charge. Don't waste your money.

Bought four of these in April 2009. All seemed to work at first, but two would not hold a charge any more after only a month. A 3rd lost the ability to hold a charge after about 6 months. The 4th is still going strong. A 25% hit ratio is not great.



I guess in this case, the old saw, "you get what you pay for" seems to hold true. Good luck with your battery purchases, as luck seems to be necessary ...



Keep in mind that the vendor MAY have changed battery suppliers since April 2009, so this review many not be relevant to the product the vendor ships today.

Initially I thought the batteries were great, worked fine for first couple of months. But starting from the 3rd month onwards, I can only use my phone for maximum of 30min, then the battery die. It looks like the battery can't hold the charge. I bought four of these, not sure what to do now. Total wastage of money. I checked my invoice, the company who sold this item through Amazon was "Tavas". May be this supplier is selling bad items, that Amazon can confirm.

I bought 4 of these batteries, and 2 of them were DOA. They can't be charged at all, for some reason. The two that do work don't seem to hold a charge as well as the original phone batteries. Very disappointed with this purchase, but it was very cheap (for a good reason).

These batteries make my Phones work just like they are new. Much better price than I have bought batteries for this phone before. The battery life is just as Long as the original. Comparable to the $20 battery I bought before....'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information