Monday 19 September 2011

Home Theater Speaker Systems - home theater speaker systems, home theater system


This system arrived as ordered. The system looks good, and performs way better than my TV speakers. While I do not get real surround sound (see below), having speakers all around the room definitely makes you feel in the movie, game, show, etc. I don't get real surround sound because I do not have an amp/receiver or DVD player with separate outputs for each speaker. I just plugged the system into my TV with the dual cables. I don't have the resources to buy a nice receiver with an HDMI input/output (My TV is 1080i HD capable).



I do get great stereo sound quality, which with two left/right speakers gives a surround sound quality to whatever I am watching (less so on TV shows).



Just on the internal amp I can get these speakers loud without distortion. The bass is weaker than I would like, but I am in an apartment complex and have neighbors below! Although, I was in my dining room working on paperwork when I started listening to my fiance playing a PS3 game (Ratchet and Clank) and the bass quality sounded great. The bass also sounds great when watching action movies with gun fire (ex. Live Free or Die Hard). But the bass will not shake your windows, if that's what you are looking for.



The cords for the rear speakers are long enough to go under my rug/coffee table, under my couch, and up on the window ledges behind me. The speakers are also able to mount on the wall. What I was upset about was the length of the front Left/Right speaker wires. With the bass next to my PS3 on the ground, the speakers barely reach the top sides of the entertainment center (which isn't very big, I only have a 32 inch HDTV). I might be able to reposition them to get better stereo sound at a later date.



Having no remote is also a bummer, but for the price... whatever.



Overall the speaker system is a great upgrade for those looking for "false" surround sound in a smaller room. The speaker sound is crisp and clear. If you are looking for true surround sound (using HDMI cables, for example) this home theater speaker set may not be for your. But if you aren't picky about your surround sound, are light on cash, and want something better than your TV speakers, this just may be for you!



Thanks for listening! Will let you know if anything happens with the system that warrants immediate attention! Coby CSP96 300-Watt 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System (Black)

Nothing less than a nice solid set of cheap "powered" speakers. I bought these because I've been wanting something a bit more powerful than my TV's speakers. For the price the product is five star. My TV is in a smaller room and these sound great when set up properly. You will need some type of output (receiver, DVD player, etc) that puts out a 5.1 signal to achieve surround sound, but you can also just run a standard 2 channel stereo signal through it as well and still get a nice sound. I bought these specifically for use with my Xbox 360 (which puts out Dolby 5.1 via optical cable). I have the optical out on the console running into my Tritton AX360 5.1 system and the surround out on the Tritton running into the speakers. Great purchase, great sound!!

csp94

I placed a bid on this model not knowing what it was. I received the unit and when I first saw the unit I thought I had bought a pig in a poke. but now that I have installed the unit it is perfect for my dvd and cd player.The wires are to short that is true but that was no problem. I placed the speakers in the room where the drawing called for them to be and replaced the short leads with longer wires to the unit. I have surround sound with this unit that is great for the price. If you want better surround sound then you will have to pay a lot more, as for me this unit is great for what I am using it for. thank you

I agree with most of the reviews about this item. I would like to first state that I am a musician and feel pretty confident in my audio prowess. But I have to review these from a consumer perspective. I should also consider the cost of this system as well as the application.



I could have lived with the speakers on my TV, but the added lift and fullness that these bring is very nice. I currently have only hooked up the center, left front, & right front due to the size of my living room. But the system is WAAAAAYYYY loud enough. It's such a boost that I have to barely turn the volume knob up to just above all the way off and it gives plenty of sound. I have yet to drop in a really thunderous action flick yet and tried it, but I live in a 2nd floor apartment, so I want to keep my neighbors happy. But I can tell, just from the ultra-low level that I have been playing them at, that this system will kick. For the price, I was thoroughly impressed. The sub-woofer is not thumping, but it gives a nice deep aspect to the overall sound. Unless you are a hard core, die-hard home theater buff and you have a huge visual system already in place, this audio system is great. I have had these for a week and have been nothing but happy with them. They were crazy easy to set up. The speaker wires are color coded so that you know which speaker goes to which connection on the back of the sub. We were watching "Up" the other night and even with only those three speakers, the directionality was very nice. When the character was on the left side of the screen, there voice came out of the left speaker a lot stronger. I was impressed by that. Maybe some more hard core audiophiles would laugh, but hey, I'm a family man who is happy to get rid of the tinny, thin sound of my LCD speakers.

I was anxious to get it because the sound on my computer/TV was so bad. I've never owned a home theater speaker system but I've seen a few of them in other people's homes. I've had the Coby ststem for almost 2 months.



For the price Coby does a decent job. The sound, tone and volume are adjustable. I was able to get the tone I like. The sound quality could be better. But like I said it didn't cost much and it's good for the price.



It was a lot more complicated to set up than I thought it would be. It's not exactly plug-and-play but it wasn't rocket science either. I don't like that I have to turn them on and off manually. I'm not sure if there's a way to configure them that makes manual operation unnecessary.



The speakers are attractive. They fit in with my decor very well. I'd like to see longer wires on them. It's a little difficult to position them so the sound surrounds due to the short wires.



Overall I'm very pleased with the Coby Home Theater Speaker System. It's contributed to an increase in enjoyment of my computer (which is also my television). - Surround Sound Speakers - Home Theater System - Home Theater Speaker Systems - Surround Sound'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information