Thursday 1 September 2011

Exercise - fitness, weight training


The weights came clean, new, and in great condition- the texture of the material is good for keeping a tight grip on the weight. The wait time for the delivery was short and I have no complaints. The price was okay. Valeo HW8 8-Pound Neoprene Hand Weights

I bought these weights to use with fitness games on my Kinect. I had the 5 pound set and decided it was time to upgrade to 8 pounds. I chose these because it comes as a pair of two weights. Looking around at reviews on this site, it seems some of the other brands on Amazon have unclear phrasing and come with a single weight even though they are almost as expensive as buying this set of two. The neoprene makes them comfortable to hold and they don't slip. The ends have a hexagon shape so they don't roll when you set them down. They are a good value for the price, and when it's time to upgrade to 10 pounds, I will definitely go with the same type.

I looked at similar weights at Dick's Sporting Goods and after sifting through about 12 pairs, went home empty-handed because each and every weight had a lot of dings and dents in the neoprene. I think it was from being hung on metal racks in the store. I got home and decided to try looking on Amazon. I ordered these 8 lb weights which turned out to be about $5 cheaper than the ones at Dick's, and they are awesome. I still can't get over the mint condition they are in. No scratches or tears. I wanted to start out with brand new weights (no dings) because I know that with neoprene weights a small tear can quickly become large and big chunks can rip off over time. Another very good feature about these weights is that there are small straight edges on each side of each circle which prevent them from rolling away. Also, the color red is lovely. Satisfactory purchase all around!

If you're looking for simple hand weights that don't slip in your hands (or on slippery floor surfaces) from sweat--then the Valeo is perfect. They have a good diameter for any hand size, thus allowing a great grip. I would have given them 5 stars if they were a little smaller.

excellent weights for focus toning and strenghtening. these 8 pound wonders provide a excellent work out tool. use the 8 pound and 5 pound weights for shoulder toning with multiple reps to increase endurance and strength.

I got these weights in august 2008, I wasn't expecting much. But after trying them for 1 year, the grep was firm, none slippery even if your hands get sweaty, the materiel never gets mushy, and because of there neoprene covering they were less traumatic :) I use them in my early morning exercise, and the are just perfect.

If your not into hard core wight lifting then they well be just what you need, I'd recommend them strongly.

I bought these weights for my sister-in-law as a Christmas gift. I was impressed by the value--it's a great product for a cheap price. The Neoprene is soft on your hands and provides a good grip. They're too heavy for me but I'm sure my sister-in-law is getting a fabulous work-out!

These are very nice little weights perfect for men or women searching for a convenient size for those shoulder exercises that require lighter amounts. Grip is thick with a good texture - easy to handle but not impossible to clean. It is not a shiny hard surface like some that tend to slip or get sticky neither is it a mushy texture like others that tend to get totally 'yuck' as they absorb sweat. The head section is not round so they do not role. Smart set for a very good price! - Fitness - Weight Training - Weights - Dumbbells'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information