Thursday 15 September 2011

Garmin Carrying Case - gps case, garmin carrying case


This case is absolutly perfect for my Garmin Nuvi 255W (with room on both sides while in the case if you had a slightly wider gps, but fits snug for height). Much better quality than what pictures appear, and great for the price! (I paid 9.50). Nice and sturdy, and would definitely protect my garmin if I dropped it in the case. It is not hard like plastic, but rather has a synthetic fabric feel to the outside. This case would not fit any other cords, so if you're looking for something to hold your charger or stand/mount, this would not work. I'm just going to keep them seperate in my arm rest holder. Plus, the side pocket inside the case is perfect if you had any gas cards, coupons, or some spare just-in-case cash. It's a nice place to keep everything together. The zipper is high quality, and has a rubber covering on the part that you zip so it is more comfortable and won't scratch anything around it where it is being stored. The case includes a wrist strap (just like photo) and the ring/hook attached to the case to attach to the strap is sturdy and will definitely not break. Also, in the inside along the SD card holders flap, it has small elastic bands that would hold a ~4 inch-long pen/pencil if you ever needed a place to store one. Since it is usually wise to keep your gps with you when you leave your car (incase somebody were to break in and steal it from your car in a parking lot or something) having that pen holder is nice if you were to also include a shopping list in the side pouch. This is a really well thought out design for a gps case.



Overall, I would definetly reccommend this case to anyone I knew with a gps that would fit it. It is the perfect size (small, compact) and sturdy enough for protection. Great size for getting out of the car and throwing it in my purse to go get groceries/shop. Totally worth it, no regrets!! Compact Premium GPS Carrying Case for Garmin Nuvi 255W 4.3"

This left me wondering if maybe there was a better choice. I will say that the case holds the GPS unit, the car charger and the USB cable; as a matter of fact I think the case seems bulky (measures LxWxH = 5"x6"x3"). However, in spite of that bulkiness, I am disappointed in the fact that I have to bend the cord on the car charger very close to the charger plug, a notorious shorting point for an electronic power component, and it makes me worry that down the road I might have problems with the charger because of the way it has to be stored in this case.

I got this case on impulse when I bought a Garmin 255W. (Amazon is so good at promoting impulse buying.) The case is fine, and well made, as the other reviews have stated.



Trouble is, it's just a bit bigger than it needs to be to fit a standard Garmin wide-screen GPS (do I need those little pockets for storing 3 memory cards? not really), but it's too small to hold the GPS AND the car power supply cord. Just a little bit bigger and the cord would have fit in there.



If you bought a Garmin such as the 255W--you know that Garmin provides a soft fabric case, so if you don't need a semi-hard case such as this one, save your money.



Still, this is a fine little case for the money.

I would give this another star if it had a strap. It's a roomy case that is divided by a middle "flap". One half holds the GPS in a "holder" (think egg carton or jewelry case insert). This provides cushioning in case you drop the case. The other half of the case has a net that I use to hold the charger. No need to worry about scratches because the middle "flap" keeps the 2 sides separate. It's not sleek or slim and even with a strap, would be considered bulky to carry around.

If you ever have owned a GPS, PMP player, or even a cell phone, then you know how easy it is for these screens to get scratched! Even worse is when you drop them, most plastic digital devices today don't survive a fall to the ground, and usually will break into a million pieces. Recently I purchased one of those 4.3" digital portable media player devices, but it didn't come with a protective case, so I decided to buy this one for it.



EXPERIENCE: When I took the case out of the package, I noticed it was sealed in plastic. Once I removed the plastic, I was able to open the case up, which is closed by a standard zipper. Once I opened the case, I almost wish I hadn't! You know the smell you get from brand new shoes at your local shoe store? OK, it was that smell inside the case, only multiply it by 10. I say the smell is so toxic, one sniff of this case can leave you feeling mellow yellow.



However, the good news is, the case is constructed very well, its very tough, and very durable. The inside of the case is very soft, as to not damage whatever you have inside. They also include a carrying strap inside the case which you can attach to the O-ring on the outside of the case. This is kind of nice, as not everybody is going to have a pocket in their pants big enough to fit this case inside.



CONCLUSION: The main thing to remember here, is protection of your digital device, weather it be a GPS, PMP player, or cell phone. You want something that will protect the screen from scratches, and protect your device from a fatal fall to concrete. I believe all heartedly, this case does exactly that. However, its going to take a long time for the evil smell to outgas, so I would watch out for that. All in all, I give this a 5 out of 5. - Gps Case - Nuvi 255w - Garmin Nuvi 255w - Garmin Carrying Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information