Sunday 11 September 2011

Garmin Nuvi 350-360 Dc Charger - garmin nuvi 350, car charger


When I purchased a Nuvi 760 this item was shown as frequently purchased with it. Unfortunately it is not compatable and cost me to return as it was my error. Power connections were not visable so how is a person to know if the adapter will work with the GPS? Guess you learn the hard way. Garmin nĂ¼vi Vehicle Power Cable

So far, this charger has worked fine. Just want to clarify, though:

You don't need to order this separately, at least not if you order a Nuvi 350. The 350 comes with the car charger, AC charger, leather case, dash mount, and windshield mount. Don't order this unless you want two for some reason. Many of the accessories shown on the GPS unit product page are already included.

This accessory is part of the original package when you buy the Garmin Nuvi navigator. You also get the windshield mount, a leather envelope for the unit, and an AC charger. Don't buy any accessories at the time of purchasing the unit. I bought this knowing I wanted and needed it and ended up with two and had to pay for return postage when I returned it because it was "My Fault" I couldn't use it. You only need this if your original one wears out or if you want to have multiple vehicles completely equipped. The product itself is excellent and keeps the navigation unit power from being depleted while using in the car.

This adapter is actually better than the one that came with the GPS. Whereas the original adapter was somewhat flimsy; this one is more durable and the top does not come off in the power outlet. Great buy!!!

You do not need to buy this charger for the Nuvi 660. The 660 comes with a charger that connects through the mount adaptor, not directly to the 660. This works on a Nuvi 660 to supply power, but it will not charge the battery.

I purchased this item only because other reviews said it was necessary. The perceived problem was that the adapter included with the Nuvi 350 was not substantial and that it broke easily. In fact, this is the very same DC adapter that came with the unit. This accessory is not required.

This is the vehicle charger recommended on the amazon.com Garmin Nuvi 660 product page, but it is not the correct model for it. Get the Garmin vehicle charger (model # 010-10747-03) instead -- also available here at amazon.com through this link: Garmin 12-Volt Vehicle DC Power Adapter for the StreetPilot C510 and C550 (010-10747-03).

I had this as it came with my nuvi 350. Worked fine for a few months and then one day the plastic tip broke off. Appears the heat stress got to it and it breaks very easily. Friend with an identical unit did the same thing.



Fortunately mine was still under warranty and Garmin replaced it at no cost. The replacement appears to be MUCH better than original one. The tip is all metal now and not prone to breakage like the other one.

This product works perfectly well but I still wish I hadn't bought it. I couldn't tell from the Amazon description if the car power cable came with the Garmin Nuvi I was buying. So, I bought the Garmin AND a power cable separately. The cable came before the Garmin and I opened it. Then the Garmin came and there was a cable in the box.

Although my Garmin Nuvi 360 came with the vehicle power cable, I purchased this to keep in my second car. Now, I don't have to remember to take the cable from vehicle to vehicle. I find the extra cord to be a great convenience. - Garmin - Charger - Garmin Nuvi 350 - Car Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information