Saturday 3 September 2011

Hardwood Floor Nailer - hardwood floor nailer


I used this stapler to put down ~400ft^2 of engineered hickory flooring. It was easy enough to setup. The adjustable cleat has lots of degrees of freedom, but once I set it up, it never moved or required any adjustment throughout the job. I like that the safety won't engage when the clip is empty preventing dry-fires. The drive depth was consistent from start to finish. I have an adjustable regulator on the hose end and once I dialed it in, I never had to touch it even after starting/stopping over multiple evenings. Though the magnesium makes it light, it still feels solid and well built. I'm happy with my purchase. Bostitch EHF1838K Engineered Hardwood Flooring Stapler

Worked for about ten feet of BR-111 5/16" thick chestnut flooring before dying on me. Trigger wouldnt pull and nose was stuck in. My PSI was set at 62 pounds, the staples used were the ones that came with the kit and I set up the gun quickly using the supplied directions. Called Bostitch for support and they directed me to an authorized warranty center (Apollo Power Equipment in Niles Illinois) to have the gun looked at. Went there at 10:15AM and left about 11:30 with the gun fiddled with but NOT repaired. Called the vendor who sold me the gun (SpeedyNails) and they said they would not replace the gun and that it was a warranty issue. Took it to Pro-Mar in Chicago and fixed it in about 15 minutes. Got back to jobsite and used it successfully for about three hours before I had to leave for the day. I was impressed with how quiet it was and how the staples drove in cleanly and consistently. However, the safety button on the side of the gun didnt seem to want to stay in "fire" mode and clicked off with the slightest touch. It was quite maddening to have to pull the gun away from the work, flip the safety and then re-engage to the work to fire more staples. It should have a more clear detent position on or off. Hooked it up this morning and it died again with the same symptoms after about an hour and a half of use. I briefly considered frisbeeing it from the 25th floor. Bostitch is sending me another gun to replace this one and I hope it works better. I've never had ANY issue with my other Bostitch nail and staple guns. I will update this review after I've received and used the replacement.

I used this stapler on Bella Wood 3/8" solid hardwood maple. It was hard to find a tool that would work with this material. I tried a similar Bostitch stapler that used 20ga staples and one leg of the staple would curl up. The 18ga 1" staples with this tool worked perfectly through the new hardwood over 3/8" luan over 3/4" pine sub-floor. The tool is only setup to work down to 7/16" but I removed the protective plastic covers on the boot and it set the angle and fit right where it needed to be. The 80# air pressure worked well for my application and I did not have to set any of the staples manually.

I recently purchased this stapler to put down 500 square feet of engineered wood. The stapler is easy to setup for the thickness of the flooring and performed flawlessly. 2500 staples later my arm is still attached to the rest of my body due to the lightweight and ergonomic handle. Well done Bostich!

I bought this air nailer for a small 200 sf solid oak hard wood floor and i had no problems at all as long as you set the fences to the right hight for what size boards your using it was very easy to use and sank all the nails to the proper depth

This gun makes the job so much easier.

I did 140 Sq Feet in 4h. on my first project. It is little hard to hold the gun tight to a panels, but plastic block make a great push block for the floor panels. Take little of my time to adjust the foot, but after good setup not a single misplacement of staples. I will buy this product again 100%.

The quality of tool is great, and design is great, when I used with 1/2 solid bamboo nailing to 3/4 OSB the 18 gauge staples had a hard time, they kept curling up, and some cases curled up through the floor itself, did not set good at all. I am going to try the MIIIFS with 15.5 gauge staples to see if it will perform any better. 18 gauge staples are just too thin for this application.

Easy to use, which was good, since there was no manual included, and I purchased a brand new unit.



Works very well, although I had to purchase shorter staples; I installed bamboo engineered flooring, and there didn't seem to be enough power to drive a 1 3/8" staple, but I think that was more a function of the bamboo being very hard wood. The staple would go 2/3 of the way in, but then the top of the staple would crumple on top of itself. My compressor would only go to 120 pounds of pressure, I think higher pressure would have taken care of this in one shot.



The flooring is a click together system, and didn't need staples, but I really wanted the floor to feel very solid.

This tool works great. Just layed about 500 square foot of flooing without any issue or trouble from the Bostitch stapler. I think the bad reviews that customers have wrote about this product is a classic case of, YOU HAVE TO BE SMARTER THAN THE TOOL YOU ARE WORKING WITH. - Hardwood Floor Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information