Friday 9 September 2011

Indestructible - indestructible, dog toy


When we got our dog - a lab - we bought all sorts of balls to play fetch with. Tennis balls got one use before he destroyed them. He would literally crush them in his mouth and rip them apart. We've had this Kong ball for almost a month and I think it's the best investment we've made on a dog toy. Our dog loves this ball. We play fetch with it twice a day, he chews on it around the house, he even sleeps next to it at night. It still looks brand new...no signs of wear at all. KONG Ball Dog Toy, Medium/Large, Red

I had to write because my dog actually destroyed one of these! It took her over a month, however, to get little chunks to start coming off, at which point we threw it away and got her a new one. It's the best, most durable ball I've found and she LOVES it, so I don't mind replacing it periodically. She's got other, even more durable chew toys (the black Kongs are REALLY tough!), so we're going to use this ball for playtime from now on and not let her have unsupervised, constant access to it as a chew toy. Wish Kong made this out of their black rubber, actually! Fortunately, my beautiful rescue dog restricts her chewing to her stuff, or I'm sure she could destroy my house!

We have bought every kind of ball you can imagine for our 2 year old German Shepherd. He is hardly ever without a ball in his mouth. He has destroyed every toy he has ever had. We even bought him a small radiator hose because I knew Pit Bulls liked them and couldn't tear them up. Our dog did tear his up. The Kong Ball as lasted for a month so far and that is the longest any toy has lasted him. He loves it and has it in his mouth constantly and has not even been able to put a tooth mark in it. Would recommend this ball for anyone who has a big dog that likes to chew.

A large, heavy, and solid red rubber ball. This thing is sturdy and bounces quite well.

My bull mastiff loves this! This ball has lasted for a whole year so far, and she still loves to play fetch with it yet she somehow managed to destroy 90% of other toys. Kong ball still going strong!

My dog is constantly out to get me. Keeping little miss 'Princess Paws' from rooting through the trash, diddling the carpets or wrecking the house is like trying to keep Lindsey Lohan out of dive bars, crack dens and paparazzi mug shots. In other words -- nearly impossible.



But lord help me, I try.



All dogs like balls. Whether chasing, chewing or licking -- and whether their own or someone else's -- what dog can say no to a nice game of fetch with a happy fun rubber ball?



*MY* dog. That's what.



Try as I might, I couldn't get her interested in this product. And I tried everything. I rolled it to her. I rolled it away from her. I dangled it over her head, buried it in her food and tied it to the back end of that Schnauzer across the street she likes to trade sniffs with.



Nothing. It's like her ball-chomping gene has been removed or something.



Not her 'temperamental' gene, though. Last night, I was trying again to get her interested, waving the ball in front her like a manic rubber hummingbird. She finally had enough, batted the ball hard out of my hand, and it hit me right in the mouth. And stuck there. It took me half an hour to dislodge it from my jaw, and another before I could close it properly.



So I'm giving up on this toy. Next time I try to get her to show interest in something, it'll be a tuna fish sandwich on rye. I look forward to that.

Good toy, and simple to boot! Its a very large bright red rubber ball. Most small dogs wont be able to fit their mouth around it, but i bought it for my Alaskan Malamute and she can play with it just fine.

Just a word of warning though, this is the second all rubber ball i have purchased (The first was not Kong) and have had the same thing happen with both. DO NOT throw this ball directly at a hard surface that has an angle or could bounce into an angle. This is the second time i have thrown a hard rubber ball, only to have it come flying back at me and breaking my nose. $8 toy, plus a $450 doctors visit makes this the most expensive dog toy i have ever purchased. Wonderful toy, but be careful with it.

I have a Bull Terrier who is obsessed with playing ball. He usually destroys any toy within minutes. I have given him some irregular shaped, indestructible toys but none catch is attention like a ball. I ordered three large, solid ruber Kong balls. He has tried his best to destroy them but has not so much as even put a knick in them. They bounce great and seem to have a magic ingredient that dog's can't resist. Best of all, the kong ball is by far his favorite of all toys. You can't go wrong with these.

I currently live in an apartment with my lab-mix puppy and a 2 year old black lab. The black lab loves to put holes in all the toys and tennis balls I give to my dog--which then turns into my dog tearing at the puncture holes. I decided to buy the Kong Ball to reduce the number of tennis balls I go through. He has yet to puncture the Kong ball. Because the Kong ball is simply a rubber ball, it is a lot heavier than a tennis ball. At first it was more difficult for my dog to catch and carry over long distances. It also makes more noise when it hits the ground if you're not on the ground level in a house/apartment. The Kong ball resembles a Lacrosse Ball in size, weight, and construction. If you play with the Kong ball on a tennis court or any hard surface, it will bounce A LOT. It's funny to watch my dog try and jump to catch it in the air and completely miss. I do recommend this ball if you want to cut down on your dog destroying tennis balls. - Kong - Indestructible - Dog Items - Dog Toy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information