Thursday 8 September 2011

Bose In Ear Headphones - bose, headphones


There are so many different listings here for what look like the same product. I was almost scared away from purchasing these by all the reports of the tips falling off. As the top review of another version of these earphones notes, THE KEY to getting the new (updated) "version" is getting the black-and-white cord, lanyard/clothing clip, and angled plug. It is this "version" that has fixed all the problems mentioned here and elsewhere. The only ADDITIONAL HINT I might offer for making sure you're securing the right ones is that my box is labeled, "Bose in-ear headphones". I see no mention on the box or in the manual of "Tri-port". The Bose product code on the box is listed as "044435". I just got mine, and, well,.....THEY ARE FANTASTIC! The sound is amazing. The fidelity and sound quality from highs to lows are just exquisite. They are incredibly comfortable and probably safer for your ears due to their innovative ear-cup-placement. Using the lanyard, there is NO problem with them falling out when you're working out--and, frankly, they stay in fine without it for the most part. Get the RIGHT ones, and I promise you won't be disappointed! Bose In-Ear Headphones - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - black

I understand the previous reviewers low ratings based on the initial release of these earbuds. I have recently purchased the current version (black and white cords) and I am delighted with the performance of these little gems. I have no problem with the tips falling off as Bose has modified the way that the tips attach to the buds. They are super-comfortable, and stay in place perfectly (for me using large tips). And the sound quality? Absolutely stellar across entire spectrum. I must note that the bass response is the best I've ever heard with earbuds. I am using these with a Sandisk e200 series MP3 (e280 8GB) player with equalizer setting on normal (flat) settings. BOSE will also send free replacement tips through their website. Price is a little high, but you get what you pay for (sound quality makes up for this). I can't rate durabilty yet as I've only had for a few days. Only complaint...volume a little low...but I don't wish to destroy my hearing anyway. Great job BOSE.

My review could be 5 stars, but give it 5 when there is better out there, just not for the money. That depends on your taste.



The comfort level of these earphones about equals the sound quality. The IPOD earphones are not comfortable in my ears after 15 minutes compared to these..I can almost sleep with these in my ears.



The sounds is nice, and the base is plentiful. There is a few songs out there with HIGH treble that don't song that good in these, but who cares.



If you want the best, buy the professional ones for 250 dollars or buy the big earphone types.



If your looking for Perfection, don't buy small. These are close enough to perfect for the average music consumer in my opinion.



The buds will fall off, even the newer types that "click" in, so make sure you take the time to buy some extra ear buds. Try EBAY, some ebay sellers sell them with multiple pairs for under 10 dollars.

Just bought these (black & white cord) and am very happy. Bose can sound quite 'basey' and - to some- supressed but the trick is turning off your equalizer and other sound enhancing software then adjust up to suit. I find that, on the iPod (5th gen 30GB but I suspect the EQ logarithm's the same on all iPods) Acoustic setting as this seems to balance out the base with the treble while emphasasing the vocals. Once you've found your preference you won't turn back - cuts out all the tinny crap and you'll hear stuff you never heard before - deeper, richer quality sound. The difference is similar to a track being played without Dolby (with standard earphones) then with Dolby (with Bose) - but better. Just expect to play around with your EQ first.

An update (22/9/07) - been listening to Pink Floyd (Dark Side) and let me say - it's amazing how much you miss with cheaper audio. These have brought a new fascination to old favorites. If you have equipment with SRS Wow - even better but you can download that for iTunes now - great combo.

Comfortable? Yes. Worth the money? NO!!! Seems like every other time I use these headphones, I lose the stupid one of the stupid tips. I have never owned any pair of headphone that were such complete "high maintenance." I would never buy another pair. As a point of fact, after the free tip replacement offer expires, I doubt I will continue using them.

This is the second pair of Bose in-ear headphones I've owned. The only good things about the first pair was the sound quality and comfort in my ears. The silicone tips did come off way too easily, the plug was straight so the cord was always bent and had a tendancy to break (like mine did)if your active while enjoying your music. And the carrying case didnt help b/c it was tiny and you had to coil the headphones to put them in the case, further stressing the straight plug. Sadly, looking at some of the other reviews it seems that people are rating the version of these earbuds I just described and not the ones being shown on the page (the black and white cord is the new and improved earbuds). Bose has fully addressed all the shortcomings of the first version of these earbuds. The silicone tips and the earbuds now fit together like a lock. The tips now have a "canal or hole" in them and the earbuds have a "tang or tooth" on them that fits into the silicone tip. Imagine a fish hook (the earbud tang)sunk into something, the only way to seperate the two is to grab hold of both of them together and take the hook out the way it came. That is how well the silicone tips stay on the earbuds. The plug now comes out at an angle so it isn't always bent and over stressed from the weight of the cord dangling. There are two new accessories that help control the cord and its weight pulling on the earbuds while your listening to them. The first is a lanyard that goes around you neck and keeps slack in the cord near your ears so the rest of the cord's weight isn't pulling down on your earbuds. The second is a simple clip that can be used to clip the cord to you clothing to keep it out of your way. The carrying case is now huge compared to the last one, I can put the earbuds, the lanyard & clip, as well as my iPod inside and zip it up with ease and go. When my first pair broke on me I was disappointed with Bose b/c of their reputation in the audio world. So I was mulling whether to pay $100 and buy another pair of Bose and be gentle the second time around, or go with another brand of high quality earbuds. When I saw that Bose had re-designed their earbuds I decided to take a chance on them again. I have no regrets buying Bose again; these ear buds are durable, they improved the design while keeping the price the same, and you can't argue with Bose sound quality. I use these earbuds everyday all day long, I recommend them to anybody looking for a high quality set of earbuds at a reasonable price. - Bose - Headphones - Tip - Ipod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information