Sunday 11 September 2011

Itouch Accessories - ipod audio recorder, ipod accessories


This tiny mic is great in terms of portability, although I am slightly concerned that its small size might actually cause me to lose it one day.



That said, this mic produced a fairly high quality recording on my iPod Touch 2G. Use is straightforward.



Be aware, this mic is not for use with apps such as Skype, or Ocarina, as you cannot hear anything through the speakers while using. To hear your recording, you must first remove the mic from the jack. As far as recording memos, interviews, notes, etc. I give this high marks. Switcheasy ThumbTacks Microphone for iPod nano 4G, touch 2G, and iPad (Red)

I use this mic on my itouch and i primarily use it to record myself playing the saxophone. I was looking for a cheap way to record myself without loosing a lot of sound quality. This was a perfect solution. The mic works better then expected. Highly recommend if you are a musician. If you have an itouch I recommend you download the app iProRecorder. It's no more then $3 and when your done recording you can send yourself the recording through e-mail (if you are in an area that has wifi of course.)

I wanted a mic for my iPod Touch 2G that wasn't too bulky and would work for quick voice memos, lectures, that sort of thing. I thought about getting a digital voice recorder, but why, when I already own an iPod Touch?



I've been completely happy with the sound quality, for my purposes (voice memos to myself). I can't speak to other situations, though I imagine it would work just fine recording a lecture too.



[Note that the iPod Touch doesn't have separate input and output jacks. This microphone fits in that one jack, so no, this isn't designed for two-way like for Skype. Though I hear you can use Skype if you hit Speakerphone??.... I believe there are also microphone/headphone combos for that type of use. This is just a microphone.]



I always keep the "thumbtack" plugged in, so I never worry about losing it. (It fits through an opening in my iPod Touch's case--if yours doesn't, yeah, you might need to take it out all the time and risk loosing it.) I keep my Touch in my back pocket or occasionally in my purse, and in despite almost a year of daily use, I haven't lost it or had it come loose.



Oh yeah, and it's so darned cute! What a great sense of humor. And tiny! People sometimes ask why I stuck a tack in my iPod, and when I show them they are always amazed!

Since I have an ipod touch, I really didn't want to buy a digital recording device as well, and I thought sure I'd find a microphone for it, since I had known someone a few years ago who had one for the classic ipod. I was surprised that I had such a hard time finding anything, but this thumbtack mic really fit the bill.



Some thoughts:



1) it is small and easy to lose. I had my first one a long time before I finally lost it, found it, and lost it again. I kept it in a little silk purse to protect it.



2) the second one I bought fell apart last week, just as someone else mentioned in another review. I had just used it to record something, and when I went to pull it out, it broke apart.



3) There are still few choices. I haven't tried the Chill Pill because they are not eligible for free shipping. I am still going to buy the Thumbtack again - I always need to record things - my voice lessons, my class lectures, and this is the best way. I use iTalk and iTalk Synch to transfer the files to my computer and then I convert the files to mp3s using itunes. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

Easy to use, just plug into the headphone jack. For best results you'll want to purchase a recording app. The only drawback is what to do with the Thumbtack mic when you pull it out in order to listen to music or your recording. It's pretty small, about the size of a real pushpin. Designing it with a small hole to put a loop on it would have made it just about perfect.

This is an incredibly easy to use microphone. Just plug it in, and away you go.



The only problem is the quality. Don't try to create anything that you want to sound professional, as there is so much noise (static) being recorded along with what you are trying to focus on.



All in all, 3 stars because it's easy, and works for voice memos. - Ipod Accessories - Ipod Audio Recorder - Ipod Touch - Microphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information