Sunday 11 September 2011

Reusable Swim Diaper - reusable swim diaper, pool diaper


The surface of the Finis swim diaper is 100% polyester and supposedly chlorine-resistant. The 100% nylon lining does a good job keeping urine in, but we don't know yet whether a BM will be contained well. Hopefully that'll never happen, though.



Here are the different sizes and corresponding age and weight ranges (taken from the packaging):



Small: 3-6 mos, 9-15 lbs.

Medium: 6-12 mos, 12-22 lbs.

Large: 12-18 mos, 22-28 lbs.

XLarge: 18-24 mos, 28-33 lbs.

XXLarge: 24-30 mos, 33-38 lbs.

3T: 36 mos, 34-41 lbs.

4T: 48 mos, 38-45 lbs.



The made-in-Malaysia quality seems decent. We'll see how durable it is. Hand-wash only.

In an effort to create less trash, I decided to buy reusable swim diapers. I used these most of the summer and loved them. I knew a poop in one of these would be bad, but I had no idea. I avoided it at all costs by using a disposable swim diaper before my son "did his business" and these reusable ones after. Sadly, this system failed me miserably and I was left with the MOST disgusting poop-mess known to all. And yes, I've seen a lot of poop. You cannot detach the sides (as you can with a disposable swim diaper), therefore your only course of action is to pull it, along with all of the poop, down your child's legs. I went through my entire container of wipes along with my friend's trying to clean the poop off myself and my child. This diaper went promptly into the trash. I've switched back to disposable swim-diapers and I'm never going back (unless I find a reusable swim-diaper that detaches on both sides of the leg). BEWARE!

I've read great reviews about this product. Unfortunately, the Amazon sizing link on this page is way off! I ordered the size Medium boy swim diapers for my son. What I got looked to fit a newborn. I'm going to now order the 3T and hope for the best. This is not Finis fault. But I do wish the Amazon sizing link on these pages would be more accurate and actually fit what the product in question uses for their sizing specs.

I did order 1 weight category more than my sons current weight because he was right on the edge the diaper fit him great when we got it. as many ppl have already said it is not meant to be absorbent nor is it supposed to hold poo in for long periods while in the water. I put the diaper on my son at the pool right before we enter the water and then change him back to a regular diaper before leaving the pool. My son has not yet pooed in the diaper and hopefully never will but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a second diaper so you can immediately change the diaper after you have a poop one because like it or not the water will start to break the poop down and it will eventually leak.(that will happen with any swim diaper cloth or disposable). I gave this diaper a 4out of 5 instead of a 5 beacuse it would be nice to have detachable side for easier changes. but the price, fit, and functionality are all great.

These fit and look nice. I ordered a size bigger than needed thinking that they may run small but they don't. They also wash well. Definately worth the price...and so much cuter than the disposable swim diapers!

I ordered these for my two boys a few months ago and have used them several times since. They appear to be well made and are true to size. They aren't too bulky and still look comfortable when worn with a disposable swim diaper underneath. My boys love the fun, bright colors. My toddler is always asking to put his on. After much shopping and comparing, I think this was a good buy.

We bought a pool for the summer and I wanted some reuseable swim diapers. There aren't many reviews on this product so I thought I should leave one. These are great for my son who is 13 months old and 23 lbs. He may actually outgrow these swim diapers before the summer is over, I think they run a bit small. But the purpose is to hold in (oh how do you say this nicely) #2's only. He actually hasn't done that while wearing them, but another review warned that with no pull-away sides that could get messy. But if your child is a scheduled baby like ours - no problem! I like the fabric (nice and thick) and the pattern would have been fine, he just wears trunks over them. All in all I'll probably get an XL pair for the end of the summer. These are SUCH a bargain compared to the disposable ones and he seems to prefer these. He hated the feeling of the wet swimmer diapers, and loves these much better. - Diaper - Swim Diapers - Pool Diaper - Reusable Swim Diaper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information