Thursday 1 September 2011

Laminating Supplies


These laminating pouches are the same or better than other brands purchased through retail stores. What's the catch? There isn't any. You get a terrific product at an unbelievably reasonable price. You can't go wrong, in my opinion. 3 Mil Clear Letter Size Thermal Laminating Pouches 9 X 11.5 (Qty 100) (03NPSM)

After taking a look at the prices being charged for laminating pouches at big-box office stores, I decide to see if Amazon might sell them for less. I was pleasantly surprised to find these for a fraction of what the office stores charge. After using about 30 of them I can verify they are every bit as good as the more expensive options. All sealed flawlessly with no bubbles, creases, or irregularities in adhesion. They are not as thick as some pouches out there, but for my application that was not a factor.



If you want to save yourself some money, buy these from Amazon not your local office store. They're just as good and much less expensive!

I bought a Purple Cows laminator at Costco for cheap, and these laminating pouches work wonderfully in the laminator. I know that use of anything but Purple Cows brand laminating pouches voids the warranty on the laminator, but it was well worth the risk to avoid spending too much on laminating pouches. I bought two of these packages of 100 pouches, and I have already used most of them up, with very few issues throughout all the lamination. Any issues were due to my lack of skill in loading the laminating pouches in a straight line into the laminating machine. Other than my lack of skill, I had no problems getting the pouches to seal smoothly.

These pouches are excellent. They're hinged on one short end, making it very simple to get materials inside. I bought them for use with my ProvoCraft YourStory 37-5000 Book Binder and Laminator, and they work perfectly -- I would bet they are the exact same pouches ProvoCraft uses, reselling them from Universal. Can't find any difference, except a massive price difference. Provocraft sells them for $4 for 12 pouches, or about 33 cents each. Here, they're less than half that price.

I have found that these are not as trouble free as the name brand ones. While they do not seem to have many bubbles, several of them (about 1 in 6) have almost seemed to warp after going through the laminator. Otherwise, what can I say? They seal well and you can trim very close to the laminated paper. One thing to note is that there seems to be very rampant price fluctuations on the product with lots of sellers (Amazon not always an option) - so check the list of sellers before buying!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information