Thursday 1 September 2011

Ryobi 12 Volt Battery Charger - ryobi 12 volt, cordless


I was very disappointed with the Ryobi batteries that came with my portable drill. Whenever I really needed to use it I found the battery completly dead. It would take all day to recharge it and then it would only hold the charge for a few hours. The same happened with the other battery that came with the unit. It's too bad that a lousy battery ruined a nice Ryobi product. Ryobi 1311148 12V NiCd Battery Pack for HP1202M and SA120

I've tried for years to keep batteries and chargers working for the Ryobi drill, but to no avail.



Finally trashed the Ryobi and went with a Dewalt and "what a difference."



Sell or trash your Ryobi system and go with a real, trouble-free cordless drill.

This is a product that I will never purchase again. I firrst thought it was my charger and after purchasing the charger found out that it was the battery. After purchasing a new battery and conditioning it for 4 days thought all was good. Went to use the drill yesterday no power and as of now have it on a charger. The battery is not charging!!!!!!

I would NEVER buy another Ryobi product!!!!

Bought a Ryobi SA-120 drill with two batteries included in case. Both batteries failed to hold a charge after about 6 months of very light duty use. Charged the batteries overnight and they went dead after about 10 minutes of drilling. Went out, bought another Ryobi battery and sent previous two to the e-waste center. This new battery was properly charged up and removed from drill housing when not in use. These Ryobi batteries will actually drain on their own within a few days. Back to the charger for another eight hour charge. The battery is acceptable if you remove it it from the drill and keep it on the charger full time. This is ridiculous. I have a $10.00 no-name lithium ion drill/driver from Costco that never seems to run down on power. These Ni-cad battery tools are on the same path to extinction like the dinosaur. My next drill/driver will be a Makita DF330W with the keyless chuck. Ryobi's Ni-cad powered tools are a complete waste of time and money. Makita's Lithium-ion powered tools are the way to go. A little more expensive but worth it in the long run.

I have two tools that use this 12v battery which is the only reason I even considered buying another one after the first two batteries that came with the tools all failed to hold a charge. I might as well have flushed the money down the toilet...the 12V battery I just bought is no better than the other ones. It won't hold a charge for more than a day and then it goes south. Frankly I think I would be money ahead if I just threw the tools away (I thought about giving them away but why dump this junk on someone else?)

...this is a discontinued battery pack, so maybe they've been sitting on the shelf for several years?



My original battery pack is 5 years old, holds very little juice. So I bought this replacement pack on Amazon. The brand new pack (out of the box, charged overnight) performs barely better than my 5-year battery.



I let them charge for 10 hours (as instructed) before initial use. The first use I was doing some fairly light work installing a door frame. They were completely dead within 20 minutes.



Ironically, I have a 9 volt Makita cordless drill that went dead at the same time as my Ryobi. I decided to buy new batteries for the Ryobi (not the Makita) because it's 12 volt. But (get this).... the Makita was purchased in 1997! And it was remanufactured! So the Makita batteries lasted 13 years. I don't even know how to begin understanding the different quality in batteries.



I've read that you should zap/recharge NiCad - perhaps someone out there who has done this can share your experience. But I'm sorry I blew $25 in this battery pack - I should have put the money towards a new cordless drill.

There are no good chargers available for this battery...so you get stuck with a useless commodity. What good is it without being able to charge the battery? It makes it a decent paper weight....but useless in any tool you may have. - Poor Design - Ryobi 12 Volt Battery Charger - Cordless - Ryobi 12 Volt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information