Thursday 1 September 2011

Massage Brush - hair care, massage brush


I like this type of brush, lost the one I had, then found out how difficult they can be to find. Then I found out how ridiculously expensive they are considering they're made of plastic, weigh almost nothing, are worth about what a plastic key chain prize is worth after popping balloons at a carnival. For some reason, pretty much across the board, they are very expensive and carry very expensive shipping charges, unless, of course, I would by two dozen of them at a time. That would be around 2.3 lifetimes worth of plastic shampoo brushes. Does it work as advertised? Yes, it's a plastic shampoo brush. Low tech, no moving pieces, shoves hair around my head, so yes, it works as advertised. Is it worth the price? No, unless you're into collecting worthless Pez dispensers...and plastic shampoo brushes. Rule of thumb for me now, keep my eyes open if/when I visit a dollar store and maybe get lucky enough to find some, pick up a dozen for what I paid for this one...or make a point of not losing the one I have. Bottom line: if you have to have one, this is one.

The previous reviewer was upset that the handle broke.



I've used shampoo brushes of this sort for at least 50 years, and, in my opinion, the Denham brush is superior to all its competitors.



First of all, maybe one shouldn't consider the "handle" to be a way to grasp and secure the brush, but rather as a kind of spring to hold it against the scalp.



Consider this: the brush is round, Grasp in in your palm with one side against the heel of your hand and your fingertips opposite. The "handle" will be across your palm, but you're actually holding the brush by its outside rim.



Now use the brush to spread shampoo through your hair and to massage your scalp. The brush may rotate a little as it encounters more or less resistance, but that's fine, because the spring/handle is holding it against your head and your fingers and the heel of your hand are controlling the whole thing.



I'll BETCHA the "handle" won't break that way!



The Denham is superior in several ways to other shampoo brushes. The plastic from which it's made is much sturdier than cheaper brushes. Since there is no center post, there is nothing to snag in your hair. The teeth are much less likely to break off than the more flimsy competition. It's really, REALLY easy to clean, because there's no place your hair can accumulate in this thing.



So pop the buck or so extra and get a much better, much more durable shampoo brush that'll last you for years. Better yet, pop for two of 'em, one for your shower and the other for your travel kit.



One of the great bargains and great comforts available through Amazon.

I bought this and I love it.

That is till I told my barber and he hit me in the back of the head and gave me five of them for free.

Ahem...anyway.

I love the shampoo brush.

This model is nice.

Not as nice as free but still...it does the job.

I can't shampoo without one.

The feel of the massage.

Sometimes it hurts if you have sensitive scalp.

Use lightly, don't rake it down your head.

It's meant to massage not hurt lol.

Anyway, if you can't get them for free and you need deep cleaning for your scalp than I highly recommend this brush.

What a rip off: $6 for a single shampoo brush! My former barber sold them to me for $2 each two years ago. Besides that, the advertising is deceptive because the (D6) next to the brand name gave me the impression I was ordering six brushes for $6.

Denman Be-Bop Shampoo Brush (D6)

This shampoo brush does the job; however, the handle always snaps off when running the brush through thick, curly hair. While fixable, it becomes frustrating when it snaps after every other brush stroke and you have to snap it back in. - Hair Care - Massage Brush - Scalp Brush - Scalp Massager'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information