Thursday 1 September 2011

Soap Saver


This soap holder isn't winning any design and style awards, but for the price it's hard to beat. I got sick of my bar of soap getting mushy and decided to buy a soap holder. I was a little wary of this soap holder only because it was SO cheap, but it works fine. In fact, it's great!

As far as looks go, it's a clear, flexible plastic, and it has prongs that are a little more widely spaced on one wide, and a little more closely spaced on the other. If you're looking for a simple, no-frills soap holder that just gets the job done, then here you go! :) Interdesign 30100 Soap Holder

We're living out of a hotel for the foreseeable future in the middle of a relocation. That's fine, but I hate cold, soggy, squishy soap. I really didn't feel like investing in some designer soap dish before we decided where we're actually going to end up living, so I took a chance on this little guy. It's perfect! It's just the right size for a standard bar of soap, the raised nubs are on both sides so the soap is kept well elevated, and (though they are hard to see in the pictures here) there are several holes in the oval platform in between the nubs so water easily drains away rather than stagnating. It's functional, inexpensive, and fairly nice looking. It will be coming with us no matter where we end up.

This not only keeps the soap off the surface of the dish and prevents the mess but it actually has holes to drain the water. When I looked for one at a hardware store, they kept showing me liquid soap. Of course he was young. I still use the ivory soap to wash my hands before messing with my contact lens so this is a must.

I got this because my husband somehow goes through so many bars of soap! The worst is when there's still a good chunk of soap left, but you can't really use it because it's stuck to the shower and it has evaporated so much.



This dish isn't really pretty, but it does the job well. Like other reviewers said, it lets water drain from the soap bar so it doesn't melt away. The soap holder gets soap on it (obviously) but it comes off much easier than it does from your actual shower.



Price was reasonable and it does what it says. Ideal for anyone who, like me, is sick of wasting money by going through soap quickly!

After researching all the fancy type of soap holders i decided on 2 major features.



1) The holder should allow water to drain away from the soap.

2) The holder should be small enough to fit in one of the top corners of the tub and leave room for some of my shampoos.



I wasn't looking for something that hangs of my shower head, didn't want mount something into the tile or get a metal piece that will rust.



This was the best blend of features. its also transparent and should match most tub, tile and soap color pallets. It is a bit pricey for just a piece of prickly, transparent rubber. But It does look nice in my tub.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Well, maybe would have preferred a little fancier, but it works for saving the soap and was well priced. We bought three to save our expensive soap from unnecessary waste.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information