Monday 19 September 2011

Notebook Mouse - notebook mouse, laptop mouse


The mouse itself is fine for a laptop. It's small, precise, and responds well. It's a classic "plug and play" style with no directions and limited literature online. The complications with this product occur in the second time that you use it. Every time your computer shuts down, the signal for the USB receiver resets itself. This isn't a huge issue if you store the USB receiver in the mouse (there's a storage spot just under the iMicro logo. When you go to use it again, you simply press the small round button underneath the click wheel, and the USB stick pops out. The mouse powers ups, and voila: your two pieces should be synchronized.



The problem is that some people are not going to pull out the USB stick and put it in the mouse. I sure didn't. Thinking that I needed a software update, I went online and looked for anything that I could on this product. I found no help whatsoever. It was just by accident that I saw the storage spot in the mouse itself (what can I say...this is my first wireless laptop mouse).

If it is not used constantly, the mouse will go into a sleep mode...so once in a while I'll notice a slight lag in its response time. I must emphasize that this lag is "slight".



All in all: I like the mouse, but I hate the lack of information on it. iMicro Optical Wireless Mini Mouse (Red)

A pretty good mouse that totally lacks instructions, whether in the box or at the mfrs. web site. Thanks to others at this site I got it to work and will try to collect what all have said. First, you have to insert two AAA batteries to make it wireless - pull the rear upper cover straight back - look for some grip indentations on the part - and insert the batteries. Second, to turn off the mouse and save the batteries, insert the USB receiver into the mouse's 'trap' door. Press the button on top of the mouse (to the rear of the wheel) to release the USB receiver. To synchronize the mouse and its receiver you must simultaneously press the black button on the mouse's underside and the silvery dimple on the USB receiver, (USB must be plugged in, of course). I believe you just have to hold both down for a second or so and then wait for the two units to find each other; (this worked for me but I can't swear that it will work for you - you might have to keep one or the other or both buttons depressed until you find that they have sync'ed.) After I got them sync'ed they stayed sync'ed, even with the mouse turned off. (Removing the batteries, on the other hand, requires a re-synch.)



The manufacturer doesn't include any sort of setup disk - unfortunate because, at least on my XP Home netbook, the built-in mouse control panel doesn't allow me to define what a button press of the mouse wheel will do - it could be defined as, e.g., a double click or a magnify or ... Perhaps downloading the Microsoft Intellimouse setup disk or Logitech equivalent will enable me to define what a wheel depression will do.



I've only had the mouse for a few days so can't speak to durability or how long the batteries will last. I give it four stars because it's so cheap. On an absolute scale, if price didn't matter, I'd give it three.

I got the mouse over a week ago and this mouse worked at first, but stopped working after the first use. After a 1/2 hour of playing around with the pairing buttons, I finally got it to work. But, it stopped working again the next day. I changed the batteries numerous times, so that isn't the issue.

I purchased this with caution only to find that the product lived up to many that wrote a review - AWFUL. In disgust I threw the product away irritated. Here is a list of my findings:



I use Windows 7 OS



1. The USB transmitter/receiver did not fit into the mouse

2. The sync button on the USB transmitter/receiver was of poor quality and was unresponsive to pressure so you did not know if you made contact

3. No instructions on synchronization. I had to search for one on the internet - I was impressed people took the time to write a set of instructions however in my case it did not work

4. The process of synchronization was tedious and impractical who came up with the idea of simultaneously pushing the sync button on the two devices? (who was the engineer?)

4. I tried the cable (supplied) and this did not work either - unbelievable

5. The mouse looked great and maybe as a paper weight looks cool.



I purchased a Microsoft mouse worked in seconds cost $10 more but worth it.

Finally discovered that the back top of the mouse slides off (note 3 ridges behind top button). 2 AAA batteries later, works fine. Not sure what the bottom button does or the button the the USB part. Store USB piece inside the rear of the mouse to keep them in sync. Battery life to be determined.

I liked everything about these mice (we bought two for two netbooks) until they started shutting down the netbooks. Everything was going fine and suddenly the netbook would just turn off. This happened the first day. We ended up returning them and ordering 2 Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mice Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - Dragon Fruit Pink, one pink and one red. They work fine with no shutdowns. - Mini Mouse - Notebook Mouse - Laptop Mouse - Mouse'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information