Sunday 25 September 2011

Planet Dog - dog toy, tough


I bought one of theses and they last very well. My dog could destroy a tennis ball in two days and ruin his teeth at the same time. So this was a great alternative but be careful because I bought two and my dog likes to carry two balls at once, except there's one problem. These balls are bigger than a tennis ball and they get VERY slippery when wet so when he tried to jam the second one he actually pushed it down his throat. I almost lost him but I was able to get it out. Over all its a great toy, just use with caustion. Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Fetch Ball, Green

I have 2 German Shepherds, and found that the Orbee Fetch Ball is the greatest ball that can be found. I have tried other balls, and yes, they play with them, but once the Fetch ball is out, they automatically drop whatever ball they have, and go immediately for the Orbee. It truly is an awesome ball since it bounces off trees, fences, etc, making playing and retrieving the ball all the more fun for them. I make sure I take in the balls after playing, and have order 4 more as back up, just in case. They love the size, and the SQUEEZABILITY, if you can call that a word, that they experience when the ball is in their mouth. The ball is tough, durable, longlasting, and the best thing made since I can't find the Buddy Ball, which I assume is no longer made. Please Orbee don't stop making these balls. They are the greatest!!!

These balls are good, but there is a hole in them which makes the whistle noise when you throw them. It also gives devious dogs a place to put their canines in and start tearing through the rubber. So, if your dogs are good to toys, this is great, if they like to destroy them, then it's not for you.

Like all the Orbee products I have purchased, this is a quality toy. As the owner of a large, muscular male German Shepherd with a very strong bite, I would issue a couple cautions to other owners of large dogs. The "Fetch" word came off rather easily -- but my dog really likes to disassemble things! The ball itself stayed in tact for a few months before it came apart from being squished in those powerful jaws. Please note that the ball gets very very slippery. I and my other German Shepherd training friends worry that this size ball can get stuck in a dog's throat. Just a word a caution to other owners of big dogs. I will definitely buy larger Orbee balls again, but I think this size is potentially dangerous.

This is an update on an earlier, simpler version. The letters used to be just raised portions of the ball with paint on them. Now the letters are a separate injection of rubber that easily (nearly instantly) gets removed by rover. All I could find was the "F e c", meaning my dog deposited the "t h" on our back lawn. I'm sure they didn't do any harm on their way through. The letters are soft, so they have that going for them. Anyway, dog loves the ball, again. It took six months to destroy her last one and she hasn't even begun to try to wipe this one out. I love all of the Planet Dog stuff.

This is a great ball. Our golden retrievers are ball fanatics and manage to destroy most toys. This ball (we also have the pink one) has been indestructible. They love it - continue to fight over it all the time. It has really held up well.

Maybe i am crazy, but this ball smells like mint. I bought my dog a pink woof also. For some reason she likes the green one the best?? Very good fetch ball, good bounce time, neat hole for treats, cool colors and she hasn't destroyed it. Best looking ball at the dog park. My dog's fav toy

This ball holds up really well to my terrier-mix that chews through everything. The only problem are the words on the ball, as someone already mentioned. Luckily my dog doesn't swallow this stuff, but the 't' did get stuck in her mouth and I had to work to retrieve it. The letters lasted all of about 3 mins on the ball before she pulled them off. Orbee - you need to print them on the ball or remove them! Yikes! Choking hazard indeed! The rubber is squishy and fun when it slips out of her mouth, which also means I can actually take it away it from her too because it's slippery. Never had my dog swallow it, but I could see that potentially being a problem for some dogs. Just beware and watch while playing until you know how your dog handles it. Love it though - it's lasting well!

I have a corgi puppy who is a super power chewer. No toys have ever survived her playful wrath until i got these. So far so good. The rubber is tough so it has not broken to pieces yet...we have had them for a few months and they are still going strong.....DO BE CAREFUL WITH THE LETTERING ON THE BALL THOUGH, THEY RIP OFF EASILY.. I easily solved the problem by removing the letters myself. Once the letters are off they are good to go! I am definitely buying more....oh and they are minty flavored (I did not try them myself, but i can smell the mint on them ;-)) - Green - Dog Ball - Dog Toy - Tough'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information