Friday 2 September 2011

Portable Dvd Player Case - dvd player case, case


Unit shipped does not have the adjustable web pieces on the sides as pictured. Good price for $16, but wish it was as pictured. Would make it easier to orient the screen for viewing in the back seat.



Also, the velcro closure that holds in the DVD player isn't very good quality and is starting to come apart.



I thought about returning it. May still do so. Case Logic PDVS-4 5-7-Inch In-Car DVD Player Case (Black)

Our family likes this case for our 7 inch portable DVD player. We can fit almost everything we need into the case. We also used the case in our 4-door pickup truck back seat for the kids. Even though the front seats do not have separate head rests, like cars, we were still able to use the straps in a manner that mounted the case between the 2 front seats for the kids to view.



As in other reviews that I have read, the only problem that I can see with this case is that the top side of the case does not open quite far enough to open the DVD player screen completely. Although this is a bit awkward, the movie could still be viewed. So I still like the case overall.

So I bought this for my Philips PET702 7-Inch Portable DVD Player when I first got it about 6-7 months ago. I read the reviews, and people think it is horrible. IT IS NOT! Ok, so even though the webbing on the sides don't adjust, who cares? I mean, it works perfectly fine without it! It has a pocket behind where the DVD player is to put audio cables, chargers, and DVDs. I love how you can strap it onto one seat or two. I use it in our SUV and I think it works great. I can watch with my brother, or if I don't want to share, by myself :D ! I love this and wouldn't trade it for anything! I think it is well manucfactured, and I haven't had any problems with it. Okay, so you're reading this review which means you're thinking about buying it... JUST BUY IT!

We tried everyway from Sunday to get this thing to support the dvd player on the back of the front seat... it just flopped open, and would not hold the player in any viewable position whatsoever. It is a good carrying case however.

I own a 2003 Toyota Camry and I use one of the straps to wrap it around the head rest. It stays on secured. My Child does not get bored anymore. When we get off the car, I can easyly pull it off and place the player and case in the trunk in 30 seconds. That way, if it is out of sight, no one will be tempted to steal a $100+ worth electronic toy. I also can easyly strap it back in place in 30 seconds.

My wife bought this case to match with an Axion 7" DVD player (http://amzn.com/B003YXZNOI). For storage and portability, the player fits well within the case, the the included accessories all fit into the external pouch along with 4 DVDs in slim CD cases (I could have tried more).



During use, the strap that holds the unit lies right across the DVD cover, which means it must be unfastened each time we wanted to change DVDs. Additionally, there are no slots for cables (headphones, car charger), thus only cables with angled plugs worked ok. Those cables must just "stick out the side". Additionally, to use the player's remote, it must be aimed from above since the case nearly covers the IR window.



We didn't try too hard to support the player off of a vehicle seat. Instead, I rested it on the center console arm of my 2010 Prius, and used the included straps around each front seat only to keep the player from flying about while the car was in motion. This setup worked well for 3 kids in the back seat and all reported being able to see just fine.



Only nit was to close the case, (to semi-hide the contents), I had to disconnect the upper strap connections in order to zip the unit closed. With a player inside, there was room to stash the straps entirely, but it was a bit convoluted to figure out at first.

I bought a portable DVD player and this case exclusively for my toddler to view in the car so I could keep her rear-facing longer. I find this case to be adequate for what I need. However, I am planning to either use zip-ties or add some kind of strap to help secure the DVD player into the case when in use. I don't want to replace one danger (forward-facing carseat) with another danger (flying DVD player). It is unfortunate that it just has enough velcro that when pulled tight enough to cinch down the player only about 2 inches of velcro are holding the player in. For this reason I would not recommend it's purchase for car use. The straps that hold the case into the car seem more than adequate. My husband set it up between the two rear headrests of our 2005 Honda Accord and the case back rests against the back of the rear seat. That part feels very nice and secure.



I bought the 7009 Coby 7-inch DVD player and it fits good. In more than one review for this case I was told it would hold the DVD player open vertically, that is not the case, but doesn't matter to me since the DVD player I purchased does not open up completely vertical either. (I felt like it would be safer if they both did open vertically.) - Car Dvd Player - Portable Dvd Case - Case - Dvd Player Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information