Friday 2 September 2011

Reading Light - kindle accessory, kindle book light


The light has really only got to do two things well: stay in place and provide glare-free light.



The clip mostly works, though it can be dislodged rather easily. The clamp is not a levered-clothespin, but a parallel clamp that doesn't exert a whole lot of pressure when in place. Not a dealbreaker for bedtime readers, but just don't expect to leave this thing in place while walking around the house or transporting in a bag.



The LEDs put out as much light as a decent flashlight. It's not a peaceful, soft glow but a serious task light on a gooseneck. It's bright enough to annoy a spouse... even a spouse that's watching TV. If Belken knocked the lower setting down to about 1/3 its current brightness, it'd be plenty bright for reading the Kindle. The switch is on the lamp head, which itself is pretty small. Flicking the tiny switch with a thumbnail isn't that bad, but it's easy to flick right past the lower setting and end up lighting up the whole bedroom for a second --before switching the thing off by accident (missing the lowest setting, again). By doing this you end up creating a momentary disco effect in the bedroom just trying to get the thing turned on.



Having AAAs instead of coin batteries in the light is a welcome convenience. You're more likely to have AAAs around the house than some little watch battery. Changing the batts is as simple as changing the batts in a TV remote control; there are no little screws contend with. I haven't had it long enough to judge its battery life, though.



But be aware that the using 3xAAAs in a light does add a considerable amount of weight to the top of the Kindle. The concern isn't really with the weight it adds, but the way it affects the balance and ergonomics of the Kindle. I found the I had to hold the Kindle up a bit higher than I was used to. Holding something for an hour or two, you find that a little change can make a big difference. I found I liked clipping the light to the bottom of the Kindle to keep the center of balance low. But, this covers up the space bar and some other keys. The next best thing is to clip it to the side of the Kindle I'm holding, just above the page turn buttons.



Pro:

AAA battery's easily available and simple to replace

2 brightness settings

Flexible head is easily adjustable for glare-free reading



Con:

Too bright. Even on it's dimmer setting, it lights half the bedroom.

Heavy, affects the handling and balance of the Kindle Belkin Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White)

Like Periwinkle I have been collecting various lights for my Kingle 2. After reading Perkiwinkle's review, I bought this light. I absolutely love it. It is much lighter than all the other lights for the Kindle 2. It can be adjusted where there is no glare. I have been using it every day for going on a couple weeks. I do a lot of night reading so the weight, amount of light is important to me. I find this to be the perfect lightweight and the amount of light perfect.



Now I have to figure out what to do with those other lights as this is the perfect light for the Kindle 2.



I have a gel cover on my Kindle 2 and the light fits over it very well. Admittedly it is a snug fit, but that what I would want.



I would give this 100 stars if I could.

So i've been surfing around for a light for my kindle for a bit, the only requirements being that it lights up my kindle and wont hurt it/scratch it. As per these preconditions i've been hesitant to buy some of the others that you can get like the Great Point Light Flex Neck Clip-On reading light or the M-Edge e-Luminator2 Booklight because i also like to read with my kindle 'naked'.



So i saw this one and decided to give it a go -

- Does a great job lighting up my kindle, there are no glare spots that cant be coaxed away

- Fits on my kindle like a glove, an im not worried about any damage done because of the anti-slip grip

- It's nice and light so you barley notice it when your holding your kindle

- It squishes up for easy travel

- And kudos to the 'guaranteed frustration free packaging' which i just found amusing



Overall, i am very happy

For those of you who have tried to find reading lights for your Kindle, you know there are surprisingly few to choose from on Amazon (at least at the time I looked). After reading reviews on the ones available, I decided on this one. I can't compare it to others, like some reviewers have, but I can say I love it. It's light and compact and easy to carry and use. The light has 2 settings, high and low. High is a little too bright for the 6" Kindle but may be needed for the DX. The low setting is fine and even tho there is a bit of glare, you can adjust that by moving the light a bit to counter. So far, the batteries (3 AAA) are lasting a long time. I am very happy with this purchase and hope my review helps in your decision. - Reading Light - Kindle Accessory - Kindle Book Light - Kindle 2 Book Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information