Thursday 15 September 2011

Rotary Tool Accessories


I bought this attachment to cut holes in 5mm marine plywood for inspection port hatches on a boat I was building. The attachment worked extremely well, cutting a perfect, clean hole, with no wobble and no raggedness in the cut. Dremel 678-01 Circle Cutter and Straight Edge Guide

So far I have only used this in soft materials (ie plastic) to cut circles. I used it to make some cat litter boxes out of plastic storage boxes, and used it to make some cut-outs on some rain barrels I'm making. It seems to work fine so far-- though like I said I haven't tried it on other things like drywall and wood which I plan to do in the future. Useful little gadget.

I bought this item to cut some circles out of acrylic. To have it work correctly, you'll really need the center pin to be very secure, and in my case with acrylic, I drilled pilot holes. Fortunately, I needed those holes anyway for my project. But it cuts very nice circles, and for the price, I have no complaints. I wish that I had this tool for earlier projects.

The Dremel Circle cutter is a handy accessory to the basic Dremel tool, and it is adequate for the job for which I purchased it.

It is cheaply made and rough and a bit awkward to use. It is also cheap in price, so I cannot complain too much.

I value tools, and would have paid more for a better tool, and would been more satisfied.

In sum, it does the job, and I am being fussy.

Makes cutting drywall holes sooooo easy.



just the sizing is a little confusing and I would have to do a test on a piece of paper first to see if the size was right. (just dab a little marker or paint on the bit and do a circle without the device on, on a piece of paper then overlay the paper to see if the size matches up.



I recommend it, makes a nice addition to dremel

Unlike the router table, the housing it screws into is better.

I've used it to do over sized radii by making an attachment for it.

A sharp cutting tool improves the quality of work. I also tried

using a 1/8 inch end mill. Not sure if it worked better than the

Dremel cutter, still, after getting used to it, thought it worked

pretty well. Feed rate is important.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information