Thursday 15 September 2011

Rotary Tool Accessories


Just one of these tools with Dremel brand name is $15 at the store. This product works just as well at a fraction of the price. I received them in just a couple of days and free shipping.....you can't beat that!! SE Diamond Wheel Set 6PC DW13 1/8" Shank

This item exceeded my expectations. I accepted the task of engraving the name of my dog into a fairly large stone to use as a tombstone. I had tried using other tools but was having trouble removing a significant amount of the stone. I tried the diamond cutting disc on the stone and was amazed. It cut through the stone like butter (I kept the stone and wheel wet to help). The wheel eventually lost most of the diamond coating, but I was already finished with the tombstone. And it took only one wheel. I am very pleased with the potential applications of this attachment.

I bought these to cut Pyrex/glass test tubes. They work great and last a long time. I have cut many tubes and am still on the first wheel. Save your money and buy these cheap import blades they are just as good as the Dremel brand in my opinion.

While these are offered as being compatible with all rotary tools, the package states they must be used at low RPM. This is contradictory since rotary tools run in the 5000-30000 RPM range. Another reviewer stated they were listed at 1500 RPM. I did not see that in the ad or on the package. But the low RPM warning is on the cardboard package back along with a requirement to always use water lubricant. By comparison, the comparable Dremel 545 is listed as 15000 to 20000 RPM.



On another subject, other reviewers have said they don't hold up well cutting screws or metal. They are not intended for metal. They are suitable for concrete, brick, porcelain, ceramics and tile.

I purchased these to cut an opening in a glass block (the kind used to make decorative walls). Glass was almost 3/8" thick so I was not expecting the cuts to be easy. These cutting wheels made the job easy. It is essential to keep the cut lubricated and cooled (I used water). In total I made almost 2 linear feet of cut and wore out one of the five wheels. A good product at a great price.

indeed this cutting disk are the best option instead of the dremel 409, i have being cutting a lot of stuff a piece of glass, aluminum shells, wood, and acrylic plastic with just ONE disk and it stills have long life to keep cutting, you wont regret this ones. can't say the same for the 409

Comes with a mandrell and 5 wheels. This set has a very fine grit.



Stated max RPM is 1500, and formally require lubrication with water or oil (otherwise it can overheat, warp, crack, and otherwise send spinning pain death nastiness at your face).



These make a nice, smooth groove or cut. Definitely a bargain price.

I REALLY LIKE THIS PRODUCT. I AM A WIRE-JEWELRY ARTIST WHO WANTED TO EXPERIMENT WITH NEW THINGS. I BOUGHT SOME DIAMOND BITS AND STARTED TO CARVE ON GLASS AND SEMI-PREIOUS GEMSTONES! THIS CUTTING WHEELS ARE INCREDIBLE! THEY CUT EASILY THRU GLASS AND MOST SEMI-PRECIOUS STONES. I HAVE CREATED MANY NEW DESIGNS..THE PRICE AND SHIPPING IS INCREDIBLE! I WILL DEFINITELY GET MORE CUTTING WHEELS SOON.... I JUST WISHED THEY WILL LAST LONGER....BUT THE GOOD THING IS THAT THERE ARE 5 CUTTING WHEELS ON THIS KIT!

I am somewhat torn about how to rate this set. The wheels seem to be of decent quality. I was able to cut two 8X10 mirrors from a large panel with one wheel. The problem and the reason I gave this product a poor rating is because the mandrel stripped completely just as I finished cutting the second mirror. This was not operator error as I know the mandrel was tight before beginning to cut. As I said above though, the wheels are good quality, the mandrel, not so much. It may be possible to use these wheels with a standard Dremel sanding disc mandrel. I haven't tried that yet but at least I would still be able to use the wheels.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information