Friday 16 September 2011

Toddler Scooter - mini scooter, toddler scooter


This is the best scooter...our girls both got one for Christmas and as its 18 degrees out, they ride them inside( around and around the kitchen island...LOL...not a big space, but still fun for them until they could be outside), and it is quiet and SO good for our oldest's coordination...the younger (4) could ride ANYTHING skillfully within seconds, but our 5 year old is a bit less physically quick to find her balance etc. BUT... our oldest was riding it like a pro within minutes, and they both love love love riding them. These scooters are small and light but sturdy and so well made (SO awesome). They have a brake in the back that is super easy to use (also a cool feature) and the scooter itself CAN tip over, but the way its built makes it so it isn't tippy and so a child getting their balance will be ok. It doesn't tip over unless a kid literally falls somehow, and it takes little to no balance to ride them once the initial few moments of getting on the thing is over. Otherwise, it balances itself great. I would buy these again and again, and when they get older, we will get the larger size. Thank goodness my sister told me that these were what my nephews had and they were light years better than the other scooters they had owned and their friends had. Her boys are REALLY active and rode those things hard, but they LOVED them, and SHE loved them, and she said every friend that saw them asked her for the info because although most of them had scooters, they weren't as safe while still having all the fun of a scooter. If you want a scooter, THIS is the scooter for your younger kid...OR get the larger size for your bigger kid. I have nothing but RAVES for this scooter. Not one single "love this, BUTTTTT...." They have been 100% fantastic. mini kick Scooter - AQUA

The first time you take this out and slot the bar in (1 simple step assembly), it is hard not to be impressed by how cool this scooter is. The steering-by-leaning is a nifty technical set-up and has been very quickly mastered by my three year old. She had no experience with this sort of thing, but was flying around within minutes.

We had one of these for my son which we handed down to my daughter before buying it in pink, new, for her. All the kids on our block have them and they are totally awesome. Best for steering, balance, stability. Would buy again and again.

The product is well made. However it should be noted that the product has some shortcomings (if they are of any importance to you):

1. The steering is not foldable. In other words, it does not fold down in a nice compact way like the Razor scooters do.

2. The steering is not extendable. It is a one size device.



I did not know these prior to purchase since none of the other reviewers mentioned it. It is not too much of a problem, but it was certainly a bit disappointing for me given that this is more than twice the price of other scooters and yet lacks these basic features.



As other reviewers have mentioned, depending on your child, it could take some time to master. The downside to the "lean to one side to steer in that direction" is also that the turning radius is very large. Unlike other scooters, this makes sharp turns difficult to do.

My 2 y-o tried this scooter at the playground. He flew away since the first minute. And he can make turns very easily too. This scooter is his favorite toy ever. My older kid has a radio flyer to compare - it's too heavy... useless. The mini kick is expensive but my son plays with it every day. He goes with me to restaurants, stores and playgrounds with this scooter - stroller is so 1 1/2 y-o! :)



I was glad to pay for a toy like that. After all, I got a maxi scooter for my older kid.



About the color: it's beautiful for boys or girls.

Our daughter is 4 1/2, and scoots 1/2 mile to preschool and back with me accompanying with our son in the stroller. This scooter has greatly extended the range of our family walks, and virtually solved the dawdling problem we had when she was walking. And now our son, who is not yet 2, has learned to scoot too! Guess we'll be getting another now. Great, great scooter. Far more awesome and life-changing than I had ever imagined.

I got two of these scooters as Christmas presents for my twins. They have been asking for a scooter since the summer and since they just turned three, I thought it was a good age to get them something like that. I went to the usual stores first to look at three-wheeled-scooters and I was disappointed at the poor quality and/or the poor maneuverability. I was sure that there must exist a better option. I searched the web and VOILA!- I found these. First off, the colors are awesome. Second, they look just like 'big boys&girls' scooters, which counts for a lot when you are three. Third, after reading scooter blogs, I was convinced that these are well worth the money in terms of quality of workmanship and maneuverability. I am so pleased with my choice - my kids look like Pros on these wonderful little machines. We took them to the park the day after Christmas, and everyone (kid & adult) was staring at my twins who were effortlessly scooting around. They got the concept of how to operate the scooters within minutes, and after an hour there was no stopping them (or getting them off the scooters!!!). Learning how to use the break took a couple of days, but they got it down. The scooters were very easy to put together, and all the parts look to be well made. I'm sure we'll enjoy these for years to come.

My kids have had these for 2 years, and they have been very durable and have provided hours of fun. They are very stable, and really helped my kids develop balance. The front wheels pivot as you lean, so it teaches the sensation of leaning into a turn that will prepare them for riding a bicycle or a two wheel scooter. It is a perfect first scooter. - Mini Scooter - Toddler Scooter - Scooter - 3 Wheel Scooter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information