Friday 2 September 2011

Touchstone - palm pre charger, annoying


I bought this to use with my iPod Touch 3rd Generation since my older "Apple" branded one did not support the newer voltages required. Works wonderfully and folds up to hide away. Highly recommend this to any. Palm USB AC Wall Adapter Charger for Pre Treo Pro 800w

This wall adapter by Palm does what it's meant to-plug into a wall and have a hole for a USB cable to connect to it. A little bulky, but it's whatever. Works just fine with the one cent micro USB cable I bought for it.

These are OEM chargers for the Palm Pre. They work and every time. I have ordered other chargers and ended up sending them back, but you really cannot go wrong with these chargers. All you need are usb cables with a micro end and you are set to go.

It ain't what it's cracked up to be....



I am a busy doctor. I want my Pre to be able to be popped down on the charger and charge, period, like the old HotSync cradles. It would be nice if there were no annoying beeps to wake my wife.



what happens instead: I put it down on Pre. Nothing. Wiggle it around. Then it beeps and lights to tell me it's charging, it's not charging, it's charging - about 10 times. Apparently, after the first 30 days of ownership, the effective charging zone drops from about half the back of the Pre to about a 2 mm zone that has to be centered before it will charge consistently. The charging - not charging tone finally stops about the time my cussing is getting warmed up. (Maybe I should try warming it up with some cussing, first?)



And then there is the undimmable light. The only good thing about that is that you know that it slipped off the 2mm invisible charging zone. Maybe the light is to keep the iPod boogeyman away?



Another Pre innovation that misses the mark for professional use, but must be tolerated because of the 2 year commitment (and annoying microUSB plug on the side to have to claw at in the middle of the night)



And lest I forget - $35 and doesn't even have a cable or AC adapter with it!??!?!



UPDATE 4/4//10: once you get used to the minuscule charging zone, it works pretty good. And there are apps to turn off the light, fortunately. With time it kind of grows on you. But still should be implemented better. - Chargers - Palm Pre Charger - Touchstone - Annoying'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information