Thursday 8 September 2011

Wall-mounted Furniture - key holder, key rack


We keep a neat, minimalist household - however, like every family, we have some things that end up in a small pile in the entryway - keys, address labels, stamps, etc. I wanted a wall mounted organizer (we have a very grabby 2 yr old), preferably with dry erase message board. I looked for weeks but they were usually too big, stuck out too far, and really expensive. I ended up purchasing this small organizer, and adding a $5.00 dry erase board on top - very happy with the results. This is a nice, chic, practical solution for our entryway, great value for the price.

Some helpful details:

- Hooks are very sturdy on item, but I would hesitate to put a coat on it unless item is mounted on stud

- If you are going to use hooks as key hooks, note that they are fairly wide - 3/4" - I just changed one keychain to fit, no big deal but I know some are attached to their keychains

- The 1/4" wooden slat separating the cubby is removable

- Entire unit is about 4.5" deep Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso

I was looking for an entry organizer for my husband's and my keys, wallets, etc. I got tired of seeing everything sprawled out on my dining room table. It is very sturdily mounted on the wall. Some people said it wasn't sturdy but I have not had that problem. (Just a tip for hanging this as well as pictures: place a piece of notebook paper on the back of the organizer, and puncture a hole with a pencil where the mount holes are. Use the paper as a template on the wall for exact placement of the screws.) Just the right size for two wallets, two cell phones, two sets of keys. I'm able to hang my sunglasses off the side. My husband even hangs his winter coat on it with no problem. Very convenient, and eliminates the need to search for my keys and wallet when I'm running out the door. Functional without detracting from the decor of my home.

I was looking for an organizer that could hold my keys, keep my wallet, my cell phone as well as mails that I bring into the house as I drop in. This is ideal for that. It comes with two long key hooks to hang key chains. The unit can be mounted on the wall with ease. There is enough room and strength in the wall mount, to hold a thick wallet, a cell phone, an ipod, several keys chains on the hook and several mails and post cards on the back slot.

I have a pretty un-characterized office. I like the modern look of some of the umbra products. I was looking for a coat hanger for my wall and saw this product. It's perfect for putting by my door, hanging my coat, a place for my keys, and phone. It was a bit smaller than what you expect, so take a good look at the picture for scale using the sun glasses and phone. However, It fit perfectly by between my door and my desk. I will say, that it's a heavy duty plastic, not wood.

Product arrived quickly and was just as described. Mounting hardware was supplied and the process to install was smooth and painless. My unit was mounted on a cinder block wall and I have no issues with it pulling away or the hooks bending under load. It's what I ordered, It's what I got, and I'm a happy customer.

The wall organizer works great for holding mail, keyes, etc. I wish it had one more hook but what can I say. I would also have to say it was a lot smaller than expected but it certainly gets the job done. Only con to the item is that the stain/paint on it rubs off very easily. Just nailing it to my wall left red streaks on the wall.

We wanted a spot where items could be easily be placed upon entering our home (beats that old conversation, honey do you know where I put the ......) It is easy to install (minutes) and holds just enough. Color is a nice dark walnut. Good price too!Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso

This Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer is a great little accessory to have; my main purpose was since I change my bag/purse almost daily & always forget where I put my keys or when I need to put my Netflix orders back into the mail.



So I purchased this organizer to do just that, when I come in the house I put my keys in there right away. If there is anything that's small (i.e. letter wise) and it needs to be returned I put right in so on my way out the door later I just grab & go.



Overall, it's a cute little piece and the espresso color matches perfectly to the color. Only downside is this organizer is rather thin & not as solid as I anticipated it to be. However for my use it'll do just fine.

Awesome little shelf. Does exactly what it's supposed to. Very sturdy. I can fill it with my huge car keys, wallet, pocket knife, watch, phone, and even hang my huge hoodie on it with no problems whatsoever. - Key Holder - Key Rack - Wall-mounted Furniture - Kitchen Organizer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information