Thursday 8 September 2011

Watch Back Remover - watch tools, watch repair kit


The watch case knife is too thick and useless. The screwdrivers are junk and the tips bend or break. The screw drivers wouldn't fit the battery keep screw in two of my watches. I tried to file down the tip of the smallest screw driver so it would fit the screw but it just crumbled. The tweezers quickly magnetized making it very difficult to set the smallest screws. The JAX is OK (why I gave the set 2-stars) so I would just buy it without the rest of this junk. 16 PCS Watch Tool Kit w/Jaxa Wrench

Fantastic value, and solved a problem (couldn't open a chronograph watch back to replace the battery) until I got this tool kit. Still much less expensive than a jewelry store would charge, and the tool didn't scratch the watch. As received, the 3-point case opener main size adjustment rod was bent so much, that it wouldn't turn/adjust. I had to disassemble the item, and straighten it out (10 minutes), and then it was good to go. Even with this quality miss, the product is still a very good value, and worked as advertised/needed. Great for watch collector/enthusiasts.

I was a little disappoint with the quality. Plastic is cheaply made, flimsy. Probably will break soon. The tools are metal, so not bad there. I would recommend for a rare occasion watch tinkerer to buy, but not a person with a lot of watches to fix. Hold out for a better product.

The quality of some of the pieces is a bit questionable, but not enough to get in the way of removing some links in a watch bracelet, or changing a battery in any style watch. For the price, you could get this to change one watch battery, throw it all away, and you would likely come out ahead of having a jewelry store do it.

I purchased this kit as a cheap alternative to get a lot of tools inexpensively, and to see if I like the hobby before spending a boat load of cash on tools. The case opening tool broke the first time I used it. I then tried to use one of the jewelers screw drivers and the bit was loose and just spun around freely. I tried to use another screw driver to tighten it, same thing. Overall this is a very cheap kit, that is basically worthless. On the plus side, the seller refunded my money quickly and was very supportive and understanding. If you need tools for watch repair, look elsewhere.

The 16 pc tool kit is fine. Some have complained about the quality, and admittedly it's not the highest, but it does the job. If one is careful and gentle (as small tools usually require), they'll perform fine. The knife is the only piece with which I'm disappointed. It's not sharp enough to do much. The Jaxa wrench was really cheaply made. The adjustment screw mechanism only somewhat works. Additionally, it only fits smaller watches. (It didn't fit my Casio sporting watch with approx 1.5 in. diameter.) That said, on a smaller watch it seems like it would work.



All it all, the 16 pc set is good, in my experience, for adjusting wristband links and similar tasks. If you are interested in changing batteries, this product will be a bit more hit or miss.



P.S. Have a storage case on hand for this since the 16 pc set doesn't come with any secure case. - Watch Back Remover - Watch Repair Kit - Watch Tools - Great Product'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information