Wednesday 21 September 2011

Bicycle Water Bottle Cage - water bottle cage, cycling


Pros:

Great concept.

Tension dialer at the bottom is a fantastic feature

No rattling. Plastic parts nice help keep things quiet.

Flexes a little so bottles can be pulled out with little struggle.



Cons

The cage doesn't feel as beefy as it looks. (not a big complaint)

I wish the cage could accept the larger liter sized bottles but it's too narrow. It fits normal bottles perfectly. Also grabs thin bottles (like a red bull can) quite well.





A solid 4 stars. Topeak Modula Cage EX Modified Shape Bicycle Waterbottle Cage

Seemed kind of like cheap plastic, so I bent the crap out of it trying to break it and it didnt so its not cheap plastic. Very light and will adjust to about anything. I bought it for a wierd water bottle that I have that is a tapper size. It wouldnt fit but anything else will. I am going to mount it as my secondary. Will also clamp down on non water bottle stuff in a pinch.

Fits all size bottles I have tried thus far. Although it might look less sturdy than the regular (metal) Modula Cage, it has the added benefit of not rattling if you use a metal water bottle (like I do).

I like this cage. It is light weight, will hold a Polar Insulated bottle, and it does not rattle. It does not work well if mounted to the underside of a tube, though, especially with tall bottles. The retainer is not rigid, and it will flex under the weight of a full bottle.

I was quite surprised at how small this cage was when I first got it in the mail. Knowing it was adjustable, I was expecting it to extend enough to hold a large bottle - a 32 oz Powerade bottle is what I had in mind. To my chagrin, it wasn't really all that close. And while it doesn't adjust to a very big size, it does adjust to a ridiculously small size, so small that no water bottle I've ever seen would fit in it. I have found that the typical 1 liter bottle can be squeezed in, but it isn't going to be very easy to get it to slide in while riding. Certainly it would be much easier if it would open a little wider.

So this product loses points for not being able to extend far enough while at the same time drawing down to a size that is usable for nothing - but in the end I believe it will get the job done for me.

I like this water bottle cage, it is adjustable and it looks sleek and professional. However, I can only fit a small water bottle in it, and not a sport water bottle. Do NOT get this if you are going to put a sport water bottle in it. It will NOT fit.

will fit standard size water bottles, NOT over-sized.

it holds my bell water bottle great.

but what i love about this cage is. you can throw a mountain dew 20oz or a bottle of water from the gas station, in there and adjust it and it will hold.

plus it wont scratch metal bottles, or rattle them to death..

Poor Design. I got this cage to replace an old bent to fit metal cage that my Camelbak pops out of once in a while.I must have misunderstood the point of an adjustable bottle cage.It only goes smaller than average(like kid or Barbie size), and not one bit larger???...because everyone needs to be able to carry LESS water when they're out riding, right? Seriously though,why make it adjustable if its not able to go larger and smaller.It doesn't fit any of the Camelbak bottles right, and I'm not buying a special bike bottle to fit in my janky cage.Waste of $6.Would send back if it weren't for the shipping.Will put it on a kids bike, or in garage sale.

I have owned this product since July 2010 & it has worked well over 150 miles per week over all types of roads & trails. It's easy to get the bottle in & out while riding. It's rugged for a plastic cage. I like plastic cages for their light weight & this is handier than most for its micro-adjustability giving the clamping power of springy metal cages. New 24 oz Polar water bottles have smaller diameters than before, this holds them well. People who expect Allen wrenches to be included with these are silly. My Trek & Specialized brand bikes use different size wrenches, should Topeak include a set of wrenches? Also, any halfway decent bike has the mounting screws included on the frame, no need to add to the expense for everyone & environmental impact by packing screws with each cage to please the gas pipe frame bike owners. The screw holes in the cage are countersunk as the should be so they don't contact the bottle! You're not able to carry a 2 gallon tub of Tide with this holder, it is meant for 24, 20oz standard or insulated water bottles with the added ability to hold typical 1/2 liter or less water, juice drinks etc.. The price has risen, but I would buy the Topeak again. - Adjustable - Water Bottle Cage - Topeak - Cycling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information