Thursday 8 September 2011

Backpacking - ben sherman, messenger bags


Overall, this is a nice looking bag with nice sized compartments and fits a larger laptop nicely. However, I am a heavy commuter and it didn't take long before the inner lining to start fraying and separating from the external material, this makes it look a lot cheaper than it is and basically stopped me from using it. To agree with the other, the strap is way too long and requires adjustments that leave the shoulder pad somewhere around my lower chest. I don't necessarily mind this as much if I didn't have to readjust the strap so often; it loosens fully with every trip I take. Ben Sherman Accessories Canvas Messenger Bag,Black,one size

This is a well constructed, good looking bag. I've received many compliments on it. The only issue I had with it is that the front two pockets (under the front flap) don't close in any way, so I had to add my own snap buttons to make sure that nothing could fall out whenever I put the bag down on its back. Other than that, it's a great bag that looks good.

this is exactly what i wanted in a laptop bag. i wanted something very minimal. i don't need a lot of storage, just one pocket for the power adaptor and mouse, and a couple pockets for jump drives and misc items. i don't travel with my laptop, so don't need a super protective and padded bag. i love the color and my coworkers agree that it's pretty stylish and casual looking. the only drawback is that it doesn't have a handle at the top so it's just slightly more cumbersome when you're picking it up or putting it down.

I received this bag as a gift for Christmas and as of June 1st the inside lining has ripped along the bottom, one of the metal clips to keep the bag shut is ripping off, and the front of the bag has a stitch that has come out creating a whole in the front. Like others have said the adjustment strap constantly slips so i have to tighten it every two or three days. I'm a fairly tall so the length of the strap was of no concern to me. I have used the bag maybe 2 or 3 times a week carrying nothing heavier than an ipad and kindle.



It's a nice looking bag, but priced way too high. I bought a cheap messenger bag for 30 bucks tops on the fly almost 9 years ago at a wholesale store(and used 4 years of college) that is in better condition than this bag is in after 5 months. Avoid.

I read a review before I bought this product that stated how the strap fastener continuously slips so I was already expecting that; however, the cloth part of the shoulder pad that goes over the top of the strap has already ripped from the stitching and one of the magnetic snaps has almost completely ripped free from the fabric. I like the look of the bag but the shoddy craftsmanship was an incredible disappointment. What a waste of money.

I purchased this bag for my husband sometime in the first couple of weeks of February. The buttons that close the bag in the front have already come off. After paying $45 for this bag you would expect it to last more than 3 months!

I advice you not to buy this item for the following reasons



1. It looks cheap. The picture does not do justify the item you will receive.

2. The strap becomes loose TOO EASILY and the "anchor" of the strap to the bag moves around too much.



These are just some of the intrinsic flaws to the design and construction of this bag.

I was on a hunt for a messenger bag. Something for school use and fashionable. Since I'm a college student I care about appearance and price. Found this bag and it was perfect. It is very comfortable, beautiful and it organizes everything so well. I recommend this item to anyone and everyone looking for a messenger bag. - Ben Sherman - Messenger Bags'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information